One Year Later

Shards of glass rained down over me as I crowded behind the wall, forcing a small flinch out of me. After the year of work with the Order, my self restraint has really progressed positively. I mean, after the incident in March, I didn't really have a choice, but I've still never looked at plants the same way.

Four Death Eaters moved towards the door, one of them reaching out for the handle. I held my breath as he began to twist it, but he must have sensed something because the next thing I knew he was spinning around, his comrades with him, and firing a curse in my direction.

Automatically I blocked it, but not before another curse was sent back at him, slamming him square in the stomach.

"That's my girlfriend you son of a bitch!" James yelled, charging on the others, flinging the door open that the Death Eater had previously been about to open. He was followed by Sirius and Remus, who flicked there wands at the cloaked figures.

I sprinted forward, watching as one of the muggle lights cracked under the pressure of a spell, and the room went dark.

"Lumos," I whispered, sneaking up behind one of the figures.

He turned just as I was about to stun him, eyes gleaming with menace. I only just had time to duck as he threw a green curse at me, breathing deep as I watched the life threatening spell hit the wall, leaving a large crack. In return I threw a spell back at him, but he blocked it with a wave. His wand arm came up again and I prepared myself for attack, when he went rigid and fell flat on his face like a plank of wood.

As he smashed into the floor, he revealed a smiling Sirius behind him. Sirius pushed his hair out of his face. "No need to thank me. I'm perfectly-"

Another explosion emits from the other end of the hallway and I turned to see James and Remus in seperate fights with the remaining Death Eaters. Colours flew everywhere as the bounced back and forth, throwing curse after curse.

My breath caught as a green curse skimmed by James's head, just missing. Instantly, my wand came up and a threw a disarming curse at the Death Eater. He wasn't expecting me and it hits him, his wand flying out of his hand as he watched in horror. Without turning, James stuns him and we both turn to Sirius and Remus, who seem to have just taken out the last one.

For a moment we stare at each other and then we look down at the bodies sprawled on the ground. Beside me, James clears his throat. "So," he says, stowing his wand in his back pocket, "that went well."

I can't help but laugh. I remember my first mission for the Order; I was so scared I hardly moved from my hidden position and now I am comfortable enough to have a laugh afterwards. This war is making me tougher, whether I like it or not.

Remus chuckles too. "Well, at least we didn't have another plant incident," he says, glancing at me.

I roll my eyes as I stow my wand up my sleeve. "Shut up," I snap. "That was one time and it hasn't happened again." I pause, leaning down to reach the closest Death Eater. "And that plant looked uncannily like a person. I didn't mean to set it on fire," I glanced down. "It just sort of happened."

The three boys laugh at me and I drop the Death Eaters arm to cross my arms in annoyance. James slowly stops his hysterics and looks warily at his friends, pointing at them. "Don't look at me, Lils," he holds his hands in surrender. "They laughed too."

I shake my head. "You're one pain in the arse , Potter," I say.

His arms come around me and he places a kiss on my head, holding his lips over my hair as he whispers. "But you still love me."

I huff and don't let his actions distract me, even though he's making it rather difficult. "Hmm," I mumble. "Well, if you say so."

A cough comes from Sirius's direction. I look up blushing to see him and Remus smirking. "Ahh, young love."