Part 8

You and Taekwoon sat by a bench in the park and told him the whole story of what happened.

"Honestly, I was afraid. Telling the truth seemed a whole lot more painful than lying."

"But you didn't." Taekwoon laughed.

"Do you know how happy I was when I saw him bleeding? He deserved it. But I don't think my aunt would want to see that."

"Your aunt?" you asked, confused.

"Oh, uh. This may seem quite out of nowhere and kind of unbelievable but, we're cousins."

"But you two are like black and white. Totally different from each other."

"Just because we're cousins doesn't mean we have to be alike in almost everything."

You smiled and looked at him.

"Oh, i've been meaning to ask this but, what happened to you that you look like a panda with a cut by the cheek?"

"Just, tried to save a life, I guess and got this as a souvenir." he gave short laugh.

You laughed. "Well, whoever you saved must've been really grateful to what you've done."

"She doesn't know that I did."

"Really? Who was she?"

He looked at you with his gleamy eyes and rosy red lips.

"You."

Your eyes widened and got a quick flashback of that incident with Jihyuk.

"Wait.. so it was you? You saved me from Jihyuk and bought me to the clinic?"

He nodded.

"But.. why would you?"

There was an awkward silence between you and him. And he looked up at the sky and said,

"Seems to me you've forgotten a lot of things."

Confused, you asked,

"What do you mean?"

He stood up.

"Forget it. Anyways, I could hear your stomach grumbling for as long as I could imagine. Let's grab something to eat?"

You looked at your stomach and heard it grumbling like a monster screaming for help.

You gave a sarcastic smile and sighed.

"Fine. As long as you pay for it."

"I pay for it? I've done so much for you this whole day. You should be grateful for that, which you don't seem to be."

You rolled your eyes to the side and grinned. "Well, thank YOU, Mr. Heroic. I for sure am very thankful for everything. And you should thank me for actually agreeing to buying you food, when it should be the man's doing so."

He just turned back and walked away from you without even listening to a word you said.

"YA! TAEKWOON-AH!" Ah, this man seriously.

"WAIT FOR ME!!"

You ran to him and jumped on his back.

"You want a piggyback now?"

"This is the least you could do to thank me for later."

"You're so heavy."

You jumped down off his back and gave him the cold stare.

"But cute and beautiful at the same time." he whispered.

"What?" you crossed your arms and twiched your eyes.

He patted your head and said, "Nothing."
and kept his hands in his pocket as you both walked.

-

Creating a backstory soon!
Thanks for those who keep up with it :)