~ Special ~

- The Author -

My fingers were typing away on my phone quickly, as my mind was supplying me with a lot of ideas for my books.

As the familiar park, my stop, came to view through the bus' window, I kept my phone away in my bag and moved closer to the edge of my seat.

I reached for the button and the familiar ring sounded near the driver's seat. The bus stopped just in front of the park. I stood up and made my way out.

The sky was already in the midst of turning dark, as the time was already approaching 6:30 pm. I sighed, today, I was getting home later than the usual. It didn't help that I still had at least 1.5 km to walk from where I currently stood to arrive at the comforts of my home. The fact that my bag weighs a lot also didn't help my situation.

My legs hurt from not being able to move freely for a whole hour in the bus, and now I need to force them to carry me such a long way home.

- - - - -

"I'm home." I said to no one in particular. My father was still at work, while my mom would probably be busy somewhere in the house caring for all my younger siblings.

I lay my heavy bag down and made my way to my room and gathered clothes to change into.

Once all my chores were done, I took out all my books and my phone.

I first checked my Wattpad, taking a look through my notifications. As I opened my Philippine One Shots book to write some more one shots, my eyes wandered to the icon displaying how many reads the book have.

My eyes widened and I choked on the noodles I was eating. After my coughing fit, I logged out of my account and logged back in.

I quickly looked at the number of reads and it proved to me that I was, in fact, not dreaming the first time.

"100 reads..." I mumbled. "100 reads!" I say again, louder but still a bit unsure if this was true.

I could feel my heart beat so fast and my lips turn into a smile. "Thank you..." I whispered to my phone.

- - - - -

Yes, to you currently reading this:

Thank you.

I have never expected this to ever happen. Truly, this was just some past time I started like, a month ago.

But all of you, has given me the honor of having a book with more than 100 reads.

This may sound cheesy but whatever, I just wanted you all to see that even how much everything tires me out, you all are able to lift my spirit up.

Again, thank you.

I wish I can make more and more one shots to make you happy as much as you make me happy.

Your author,

Riel A.K.A. 0ForgetMeNot0