Shadow's back

Author's Note: Hey guys! As I promised, here's another chapter. Keep supporting this book guys. ENJOY!:D

-Edited by @ReaderBunny

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Bringing Zeke has its perks. We were allowed to enter immediately because of Zeke's V.I.P Card which was honored by almost all night clubs and other exclusive places in New York City. We entered Phantasmagoria where a red thick curtain separates the welcome area and the main room where the party is rollin'. Even outside one can hear the hype music blasting on the speakers. People were having a good time and were shouting whatever the Dj told them to say. We were greeted by a woman wearing hot pink tube mini dress and black boots. She gave us five neon bracelets and called another woman to usher us to our V.I.P table. The red curtains were opened by two bulky bouncer revealing the inside, a big screen was in front, and at the back of a big stage covered with silver glitters. The walls of the club come alive thanks to 3D L.E.D installations that the club has. The club's undulating ceiling is incredible with the effect added by the L.E.D lights lining it. Booths are located at the wallside a few steps to the dance floor. The place is absolutely beautiful and almost unrealistic.

Chelsea pulled Arielle and I to the dance floor after we placed our clutches at our designated glowing table, leaving the boys to order drinks. While the boys were having a conversation at the table, we girls dance to the music of Apster, Get down like that. The beat of the song makes you want to get loose and enjoy the moment. We shake more to the electric pop fusion of music blaring on the speaker then decided to rest for a while. William was nowhere in sight...

"Hey, Where's William?"

"He bumped into his college friends; I think he's on the dancefloor right now."

"Look at that man, I thought he'll be sticking with us tonight!" We all laughed with Chelsea's comment.

" At least we have Zeke here..." Arielle seductively said getting more closer to Zeke.

I just shook my head and laugh inwardly at Arielle's determination. I excused myself for awhile to go to the comfort room. I drank too much water and needed to pee. I also need to retouch my make-up, since I felt like I had rubbed it away during our dance exhibition earlier with the college boys who had joined us. I arrived at the hallway outside the comfort room and was surprised by the long line. Since my bladder is already expanded I just waited patiently outside and joined the long line. I lean on the red colored wall of the hallway and prayed that the line would move faster.

"Risse? Alarisse Ruane?" I turned my head to the source of the voice and was utterly shocked at who I saw.

"OMG! I can't believe this! It really is you."

I tried playing it cool as if I don't recognize her. My acting skills may have gotten a lot better over the years I was able to convince her.

"Don't you remember me? That's impossible.. Bethany. Bethany Robbins? We were classmates during high school in a few classes, I really can't remember them actually. I really can't believe you have forgotten this beautiful face darling. I'm the face of Eastside High back our time."

"Oh, yes! Bethany. Hi! The lights are a little dim, sorry I didn't recognized you. How are you? You've changed, You've become..."

"Oh yes darling, more beautiful. I've been travelling the world these past few months for business and leisure purposes that's where I got my tan," she giggled.

"How about you Risse? Do you have a job already? I could pull some strings and

recommend you to my friends if you want."

"No it's okay, I already ha-"

"And look at you, you haven't changed a bit. You still look... hmm.. what's the right word? plain? But no offense, I totally like it. It suits you." She smiled too sweetly for my liking.

A few seconds more, two blonde girls came out the door strutting like models in a catwalk. They stood immediately behind Bethany and gave me a half smile.

"Oh by the way, are you here alone or with someone? Maybe you could join our group. You know Andrea and Carlie right?" She turned to her left and right side to point who's who. Andrea and Carlie are identical twins. Andrea have a much longer hair length than Carlie and wears a more provocative piece of clothing. Carlie on the other hand sports a more sensual clothing same with Bethany. The twins wear a much darker shade compared to the neon dress of Bethany.

"Hi Risse." Andrea said.

"I think we need to go now Beth. I'm sure our dates are waiting and Alexander too." Carlie said earning her a glare from queen B.

"Yes, we need to go Risse. It's nice to see you again maybe we could have some tea. We'll be here for two weeks then we'll be flying back to Paris. Can I borrow your phone?"

"Uh-yes sure." I handed her my phone which I took from my clutch. She type something and called her number.

"Here. I put my contact in your phone already and I have yours. See you soonest darling!" She air kissed my cheeks and they walked away from me.

The fact that she and her two minions are here makes me the unluckiest person tonight. I thought nothing could beat that but I guess I'm wrong...he is here. The person I never wanted to see again is here. Although this place is packed, there's a chance that we bumped each other. This night is officially my worst night. I felt sick and my knees are wobbling. Damn this line. A few moments more and the girls in front of me got fed up and left the line leaving me the next person in line.

"What took you so long Risse? William and the girls are out there already dancing."

When I saw Zeke I immediately ran to him and embrace him tightly. I can't help it anymore, I cried on his chest.

"What is it Risse? Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?" The last statement made Zeke tense. I just shook my head to say no.

He held my shoulder from arm's length and removed the tears rolling down my face. He took his handkerchief from his pants and gave it to me. He made me sit the white couch and poured me a glass of water for me to drink.

"You drink that, Raisin, and stay right here, I'll tell them that we're going home, okay?" Still unable to talk, I just nodded at him and he vanish into the crowd.

A few minutes later he returned to our booth and took my clutch. He offered his hands and we walked outside to where he parked his car. During the entire drive, We stayed quiet. That's what I like about Zeke he just waits for me to talk instead of being pushy. I know he's killing inside to know what happened to me, but I'm not in the mood to tell him. He opened the car door for me and we rode the elevator to our floor.

"Would you want your Ben and Jerry's now?" He asked when we were inside the condo.

I smiled at him and said, "No." I'm a few steps away from him towards my room when I stopped in my tracks and went back to where Zeke is. I kissed his cheek and said my thanks to him for his concern and understanding.

"Good night Zeke, promise, I'll tell you tomorrow."

I move my feet towards my room and went immediately to the bathroom. I removed my clothes, shoes, and accessories and opened the shower to wash away the stickiness I'm feeling from the sweat and tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

See you in the next chapter guys:)

I'm torn between Miranda Kerr and Jessica Lowndes as Risse. Can you help  me pick?

XOXO

twinkledreams.