Chances

Okay, so this chapter will be about Teddy and Victoire and the other people back in Grimmauld Place. A little bit of the kids at Hogwarts at the end.

"Are you really not coming out?" Remus Lupin asked, desprate.

No sound came out of the room and Remus sighed going downstairs to the living room where Victoire, Tonks and Molly are talking.

"Any luck?" Teddy asked. He is now more comfortable with his parents around.

"No. Until now he still refuses to come out," Remus groaned as he collapsed into the couch. "That bloke is stubborn."

"He'll come out eventually," Victoire tried to enlighten him but Remus only groaned.

"I understand what he's feeling right now, and we need to talk it out," Remus said after a long uncomfortable silence making everyone flinch when he spoke.

"He knows that... Probably. But it's best we leave him alone and try again in a day or two," Tonks said.

"You're right," Remus sighed.

Victoire grinned. She immediately grabbed Molly and said that she wants to teach her a new recipe, leaving Teddy, Tonks and Remus in the room.

Teddy bowed his head, refusing to make eye contact.

"Er, I'm going to-" Teddy said standing up, but Tonks stopped him.

"Er, sorry. It's just that, I never thought I would have a child. It's awkward and to think that you're only a few years younger than me now," Tonks flushed.

"Er, I- uh- um- I-" Teddy stammered, now knowing what to say.

"Uh, when did we get married?" Remus asked, pertaining to him and Tonks.

"About two years from now. 1997, just before Mad-eye... You know." Yes, all of them knew already except for Harry, Hermione and Ron.

All three of them are looking somber.

"I just wish we got to raise you," Tonks wispered. "And be a part of your childhood."

Teddy managed a sad smile.

"You are."

"Wait, why do you not call Harry your father?" Remus asked.

"He won't let me. He said that you d-died because you want me to have a great future and trying to replace you would disgrace your name and your sacrifice."

"But still, can't you not obliviate us?" Tonks asked hopefully.

Teddy shook his head and said, "I'm sorry. As much as I want to let you know, it will affect the future and we cannot risk that. Though we can save a few lives but that's it. Saving everyone will have a great effect."

Yes, he was planning on saving Sirius and he will save his parents. He has a plan.

"I understand."

"It's not fair," Teddy chocked, his eyes filling with tears.

Remus and Tonks have now sat on either side of him and hugging him as he sobbed.

"Everybody deserves a chance," Teddy managed to say.

"We took our chance Teddy. We grabbed it and look where it lead to. You. You are the outcome of the chance me and your mother took. We gave ourselves chances and we don't regret it. Well, I don't know about your mom but I sure do not regret it," Remus said to his son.

They comforted each other for a while.

They did not notice Victoire and Molly watching them from the door and no one certainly noticed Sirius who was grinning at the small family.

Teddy is right. Everyone deserves a chance. But unlike Remus he didn't grab the chance quickly enough and now here he was, lonely and resentful.

Molly is the first one to notice Sirius and shouted his name cheerfully and loudly.

"Sirius?" Remus turned around to see his best mate smiling at him.

"I told you so!" Sirius said in an in-your-face tone.

Remus snorted. "You can really be bipolar at times. There you are, moping in your room and refusing to come out, and now you tease me and laugh at my face. Gee, thanks. By the way, you owe me. I have been feeding Buck- Witherwings for days and he wants you, and now I have a few more scars."

"I was not moping around."

"Sure you weren't. I totally believe you."

Meanwhile...

It's the morning of September second and they are all in the common room.

"What are you reading Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Your life."

"What?"

"What's that?" Ron asked, joining them.

"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."

"May I read?"

"Me too."

"Just get a copy from the future kids."

Ron and Harry went to where Rose and Lily were talking.

"Hey, can we we borrow a copy of the books."

Rose thinks for a while before saying, "Sure."

"Thanks."

But before they can even open up the copy, Albus, James II amd Hugo came bursting in the common room shouting, "NOOOOO!!!"

"What the-"

Now they are all wrestling on the floor, Harry and Ron gripping the books hard while Hugo, Albus and James tried to grab it from them.

"What- are- you- doing?!" Harry and Ron demanded, still trying to get away from the three.

"Thou shall not know thy futuuuuurreee!!!"

Okay, I do not know why I did that but it was a request and I'm sorry if I let you down. I don't know why I'm saying this and I'm sorry if this is a short chapter.