The interview : where it all started

**WARNING**

Explicit content ahead. If you feel uncomfortable or are underage, please do not read any further.

This is a fanfiction of both - the book and Zayn. So you can definitely expect a few things to be similar. I wrote this book when I knew nothing about writing and it has not been edited yet. Yes, there are references drawn from the original book and I will edit them once I get around.

Enjoy the book and don't forget to tell me what you think!

____________________

CHAPTER ONE: THE INTERVIEW - WHERE IT ALL STARTED

Please don't be frizzy or messy today. Please don't make me look like I ran into a wind farm. I keep begging my hair to be perfect. It is seven in the morning and I still have two hours to go. But my freaking hair won't obey. I try to tame them but they decide to go rebel on me.

"It's just an interview babe," Sara yells through the door. I quickly unlock the bathroom door and stare at her. Really? Is she going to just pretend like it's nothing?

"Yeah! An interview at Malik Enterprises and Holdings Inc. - one of the most reputed companies known to the world," I say frantically like it is a big thing.

Well, it is a big thing.

Malik Enterprises and Holdings Inc. is the leading company in almost everything. It has branched out to various fields of work and is managed so well by the founder himself. It is such a dream come true to be working with them and when they got me through for the interview, I was up on cloud nine.

Sara rolls her eyes. "You are overreacting Leigh-Anna."

Maybe I am. I don't really know. I am so nervous that I think I might trip even on a flat surface. This is not my first interview of course, but this is what matters to me.

I look at myself in the mirror. Do I look presentable?

"Do I look okay?" I ask Sara.

"Define 'okay'," Sara says, smiling wide at me.

I have managed to wear a dress that Sara bought for me. You see, I am not the dress and high heels kind of a girl. I don't mind wearing them. I just feel more comfortable in jeans. Since Sara mentioned it would make me look more professional, I decided to go with it. Guess it was time to grow up now.

It is an off-white perfect fitting dress which looks very formal. It is comfortable - the only reason why I agreed to wear it. Makeup is forbidden for me due to breakouts so I just use a little liner and a lip gloss. My hair is the biggest problem but they have actually turned out to be fine now after the tedious taming I've done.

I have wavy hair with all possible shades of brown and that's the major reason why they look frizzy all the time. This is why I envy Sara's long straight black hair. She doesn't have to be so careful about them. She can practically run through a wind farm and still look like she just left a salon.

"You look sexy," Sara assures me. I doubt I even look one percent of that. Yet, I smile at her. She is sitting on my bed wearing her signature pink pajamas that she wears all the time.

"Okay, so I think I can get this down. I have good grades, I know a lot about business and also about the company. I have already interned in business administration. What do you think, can I crack it?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow expecting a better answer to calm me down. I am so damn nervous right now.