Chapter 13

Jude's POV

I was sitting in my room playing video games when my phone goes off its a text from Conner.
C- Hey
Me- Hey
C- What are you doing?
Me- Playing video games. You?
C- Dad and I are about to go to the Mall wanna come? We can stop by and get you on the way.
Me- Let me ask.
I walk downstairs to find my Moms. They are in the living room talking. I walk in and wait for them to stop talking.
"What's up buddy?" Mom asks.
"Um.. Conner just texted me can I go to the mall with him and his dad he said his Dad can get me on the way." I ask. They look at each other and nod.
"Yeah buddy." Momma says.
"Thanks Moms."
"You're welcome buddy be good." Momma says.
"I will."
I send Conner a text.
Me- Moms said yes.
C- Cool be there in 5.
I go outside to wait for him. They pull up and I get in. When we get to the mall Conner asks if we can go out on our own. His Dad tells us for an hour then to meet him in the sporting store so he can get Conner a new glove and cleats. We say okay and go. We look around for awhile going in Hot Topic, Spencers, Journeys and finally we go into a smoke shop store that sales pipes and bongs.
"Why are we going in here?" I ask.
"You'll see." Conner says.
We go in and and look around when the guy working in the store starts helping another customer Conner takes a black pipe and sticks it in his pocket.
"What are you doing?" I ask in a whisper.
"I'm taking this pipe. Now you take you too." Conner whispers back.
"No."
" Come on don't be a whimp."
Not wanting to look like a whimp in front of my boyfriend I take a red pipe and put it in my pocket and we leave. I hold my breath as we walk out hoping the alarm doesn't go off. We make it out without getting caught. After we finish a pretzel and coke we go to meet Conner's Dad. After spending 45 minutes in the sporting store Conner finds a glove that fits and he likes and a good pair of cleats and we leave. Conner's dad treats us to pizza for lunch and after they drop me off.

Lena's POV

Jude gets home then slowly all our other kids get home. Stef and I make dinner and we eat. We have a family game night and play Monopoly. After 2 hours Emmy finally wins. After the game we decide to watch a movie since Emmy won we let her pick. She ends up picking the last Harry Potter movie. We end up watching both parts and its late when the second one ends. Marianna and Jude are asleep on the couch. We decide to wake them up and help them into their beds. I help Jude and Stef takes Mari. As I am getting Jude into bed something falls off his bed. I pick it up it's a red pipe. "Why does Jude have a pipe." I say to myself. I stick it in my pocket and tuck him in. I say goodnight to the other kids and get in bed myself. After Stef says goodnight to the other kids she comes to bed. I pull the pipe out and hand it to Stef.
"Love why do you have a pipe." She asks.
"When I was tucking in our youngest son it fell out of his bed." I tell her.
"Jude?" Stef aks looking shocked.
"Yes Jude." I say.
Stef examines the pipe and says "Well it doesn't look used. We can talk to him tomorrow and tell him he has to return it."
"Okay." I agree. Stef and I lay down and go to sleep ourselves.

Stef's POV

Lena and I wake up and go downstairs to make breakfast. Slowly all the kids join us. After breakfast all the kids leave except Jude. We find him upstairs playing video games.
"Jude buddy can you cut that off Mom and I need to talk to you." Lena says.
"Umm okay." Jude says and cuts the game off.
Lena pulls the pipe out and says "Last night when I helped you to bed this fell out of your bed."
Jude looks shocked.
"Jude bud why do you have a pipe." I ask.
"Conner and I were looking at them yesterday we thought they looked cool so I got it." Jude tells us.
"Well bud you don't need a pipe. Do you have the receipt we can go return it later?" I ask.
"Umm.. No I think I threw it away." He says looking guilty.
"Okay buddy well we can go see if they will take it back with no receipt." Lena says.
We get up to leave and Jude blurts out "Wait we can't go return it!" Lena and I turn around and sit back down.
"Why can't you return it Jude?" I ask.
In a whisper Jude says "Because I stole it."
"Jude Jacob Adams Foster why did you steal it?" I ask.
"I dont know I just did."
"Jude you know better than to steal. You're in a lot of trouble young man go wait for us in our room." Lena says.
Jude goes.
"Which one of us is going to handle this?" Lena asks.
"Well love since you found the pipe I think l you should." I say.
"I agree." Lena says.
"I'm going to let him sit in there for a little while and think about it while I decide how to punish him." Lena adds.
"I think that's smart love." I tell her.
We both go downstairs.

Lena's POV

"I don't know what to do with that boy." I think to myself.
After giving myself time to think about how to punish Jude and giving him time to think about what he'd done I head upstairs. I open the door to my bedroom and Jude is not there I check my bathroom and he's not there either. Then I notice my window is open.
"Stef come up here." I yell.
Stef comes upstairs and walks into our room and asks "Where's Jude?"
"I don't know. I came up and the room was empty." I point at the window and add "The window was open."
"You don't think he ran away do you?" Stef asks.
"I don't know what to think." I say.
"Let's check the rest of the house before we jump to conclusions." Stef says. We check the house and do not find him.
"I can not believe he snuck out and ran off." I say.
"Let's call his friends and see if he went to one of their houses." Stef says.
I just nod. We start with Conner. Stef calls Conner's dad. When he answers Stef says "Hi Mr. Stevens this is Stef is Jude there?"

Stef's POV

"Hi Mr. Stevens this is Stef is Jude there?"
"Hold on let me go see. I don't think so." He says. A few minutes later he says "No and neither is Conner. That's weird he didn't ask to go out. He's not in the house or front or backyard.
I tell him about the pipe and how Jude came up gone.
"They are probably together somewhere." He says.
"Well its only 11'oclock (am). We shouldn't worry they will turn up soon." I say.
"I agree I'll call you if Conner show up." He says.
"Thank You and I'll call if Jude shows up." I say.
"Thanks." He says and we hang up.
About an hour later my phone rings.
Its the station... "Wonder what they want on my day off." I say to myself.

**To be continued... Why is Stef's work calling on her day off?**

**This Chapter is dedicated to ShortyGurl1989 thanks for the idea**