Chapter 2

Emmy's POV

So its been about a week since my Mom and Dad were killed by a drunk driver. They had just celebrated their 18th wedding anniversary with dinner and dancing and were on their way home. That night I had stayed with my girlfriend Taylor so my parents could have the night alone. I don't have any other biological family but I do have Stef and Lena. Stef has been my Mom's best friend since they were in high school. They graduated the same year and joined the police academy together. When I was born my Mom named Stef as my God Mother. Shortly after I was born my Mom and Dad officially made Stef my guardian if anything should happen. When her and Lena got together Lena was named my other guardian. I'm really close to her and Lena and all of their kids. Callie and I are the closest but I love Mari too. The funeral has came and gone and I have moved all my stuff in with Stef and Lena. The whole family has really been here for me. Callie and I are laying in my bed watching Insurgent when I hear "Emmy baby can you come down to the living room please."
I pause the movie and tell Callie I'll be back. She just nods and I go downstairs. Stef and Lena are both sitting in the living room. Sitting down in between them I just look at them both.
"Don't worry baby your not in trouble or anything we just wanted to go over house rules and consequences for breaking those rules." Stef says
"Okay." I reply.
Lena starts " 1. No cussing or back talking. 2. No fighting with the other kids. 3. Show respect to everyone in the house 4. Curfew is 9pm on weekdays and 11pm on weekends/ No sneaking out. 5. Lights out is 10pm on school days. The weekend you will not have a bedtime unless we have something important to do. 6. Grades will stay at a C+ or higher. 7. Trouble at school will be trouble at home. 8. Let us know where you are at all times. 9. Homework needs to be done before you can go anywhere. 10. When Taylor is here the door stays open. When she spends the night either sleep in the living room or ask Callie or Mari to sleep in your room and you two sleep in the room with the other. 11. No drugs or alcohol. 12. No getting in trouble with the police"
"Now consequences." Stef says. " 1.Grounding 2. Lose of privileges ex. Phone, Ball, Having Tay/friends over etc. 3. Spankings... Now I know your Mama spanked you Emmy and I know you know we spank our kids and we will spank you if you we have to. Just be good so we don't have to spank you okay sweet girl."
"Okay Stef okay Lena." I say.
"Okay baby you can go back to what you were doing." Lena says. Both kiss me and I go back to my bedroom. Laying down beside Callie again and we resume our movie.

Callie's POV

Emerson and I are laying in her bed watching Insurgent when Wyatt texts me.
W- Party tonight at my place you should come.
Me- What time?
W- 1030
Me- You know I have to be home at 11.
W- Your Moms go to bed super early just sneak out. Bring Emmy or Mari with you.
C- Okay. I'll see if one of them want to come.
"So what are you doing tonight?" I ask Emerson causally.
"Nothing. Tay's in Washington til tomorrow." She says.
"Wanna go to a party?" I ask
"Where?" She asks
"Wyatt's" I say
"What time?" She asks
"Um well that's the thing it doesn't start until 1030 so we would have to sneak out." I say hoping she goes along with it.
"Callie your Moms just told me the rules and you want me to break one already?" She says laughing.
"Okay okay. I'm sorry." I say sad that she doesn't want to go.
"You know what let's go." She says out of no where.
"Really?" I ask
"Um yeah " she says.
I hug her and text Wyatt.
Me- I'm in Emmy's coming with.
W- Yay can't wait to see you!
Me- Me either XOXO