Chapter 1

Stef's POV

I wake up to the sound of someone knocking at the front door. Getting up I glance at the clock it says 2:33 am. Who could be here at 2:30 in the morning I say to myself.
Lena sits up and asks "Is someone at the front door."
"Yeah." I say and head down stairs with Lena following me. Opening the front door we find two police officers. Recognizing Kevin and Mark from work I ask "What's going on guys?"
Kevin says "Stef theres been an accident. Mack and her husband were killed in a car crash. You were her emergency contact." Taking a deep breath I feel tears in my eyes.
"What about Emmy." I ask.
"She wasn't in the car. We are going there now. We thought we should come and get you first. Kevin tells me.
"Come inside let me put some clothes on." I tell them. They come in and I run upstairs striping off my pajamas and put a pair of sweats and a T-shirt on and go back downstairs.
"Okay guys." I say. Hugging and kissing Lena I tell her "I'll be back soon love. I love you."
"I love you too Stef. Bring that baby back with you." She tells me and we head out. Pulling up in front of their house we get out and walk up to the front door. After knocking and ringing the doorbell we don't get an answer. I find my key to their house and let myself in. Calling out for Emmy I don't get an answer. I check her bedroom and she's not here. Going back outside I tell Kevin and Mark she's not here. Pulling out my cell phone I pull Emmy's number up and call her. After 5 rings she answers.
"Hello." Emmy says
"Hey baby girl where are you?"
"Umm at Taylor's I stayed with her Momma and Daddy went out. Stef what's wrong?" She asks.
"I'm coming to you baby girl. I'll explain when I get there." I tell her and we hang up. Telling the guys where Taylor lives we head that way. Pulling up in front of Taylor's house Emmy and Tay are sitting outside in the porch. I get out of the car and walk up on the porch and sit beside Emmy.
"Stef what's going on. Where are my Mom and Dad?" Emmy asks.
Taking a deep breath taking her hands in mine I say "Baby there was an accident. Your Mom and Dad were hit by a drunk driver and.. Baby girl neither one of them made it." Emmy breaks down crying and I pull her into my lap. Taylor right beside her hugging her too.
Taylor's Mom and Dad come out and ask "Tay what's going on."
Taylor getting up and hugging her Mom she quietly says "Emmy's Mom and Dad were killed in a car accident."
Tay's Mom sits down beside me hugs Emmy tight and says "I'm so sorry baby." I tell Taylor's Mom who I am and introduce the two officers with me.
"Where's your stuff baby." I ask Emmy
Taylor says "I'll go get it." A few minutes later Taylor comes back and hands Emmy her phone and Kevin her bag. Emmy and I stand up and I say to Taylor "She'll call you later okay sweetie she will be at my house." Hugging and Kissing her Taylor just nods. We all get back in the car and Kevin takes us home. We get back to my house Kevin and Mark walk us to the door and sits Emmy's bag inside. We say goodnight and I take Emmy upstairs to my bedroom. Lena is still awake and sees us walk in the room. Throwing the covers open Emmy climbs in first then myself. Both of us cuddle Emmy rubbing her back, stroking her hair and wiping away her tears until she falls asleep. A few minutes later Lena and I fall asleep too.

Lena's POV

Waking up I see Stef and Emmy still sleeping I slip out of the room quietly and go downstairs where my other 5 babies are awake and eating breakfast. "Good morning my babies." I say.
"Good morning Momma." All 5 reply.
"Babies we need to have a talk." I say sitting down at the table. All 5 kids just look at me. "Do you all remember when Mom and I agreed to become Emmy's guardians if anything happened to Mack and John?" All 5 nods their heads that they remember. "Well last night Mack and John were in an accident. They were hit by a drunk driver and both were killed." I tell them gently. Marianna and Callie both start to cry. I get up and hug both of them.
"Where is Emmy?" Callie whispers
Kissing the top of her head I say
"She is upstairs asleep with Mom."
"Are you all still okay with her living here." I ask.
All 5 kids say they are fine with it.
"Babies she's going to need lots of love and support the next couple days." I tell them. All of them nod that they understand. A few minutes later Stef and Emmy come walking downstairs Stef holding her hand. Immediately Callie and Marianna jump up and hug her tight. Jude, Jesus and Brandon all get up and hug Emmy too. Stef and I smile at the love all our kids show Emmy. Brandon asks
"Are you hungry?" When she nods he asks "What would you like?" and starts listing stuff we have. When he says Cheerios she nods at that one and he makes her a bowl. "Sugar?" He asks.
"Please" she says. He pours sugar in and sits the bowl down in front of her.
"Thank-You." She tells him.
"Anytime." He says with a smile.
All the kids sit around the table talking until Emmy finishes her breakfast. After the dishes are done
Stef asks the kids to go upstairs so she and I can talk to Emmy.
"How are you doing baby girl.?" Stef asks Emmy. She just shruggs and I see tears form in her eyes. I wrap my arms around her and hold her tight. She let's her tears fall. Once she calms down I say to her "Baby we can go pick up your stuff when your ready. The guest bedroom upstairs will be yours. I know this is going to be incredible hard but we are all here for you and we will help you get through this. Your parents made us your guardians if anything happened so we don't have to worry about that. We love you sweet girl." I see tears come to Stef's eyes and I grab her hand. Emmy sees them and cuddles up to her close and let's her tears fall too. After a few minutes I notice Emmy had fallen back to sleep Stef lays down with her and falls back to sleep to. I cover them up and slip out of the room.