My House

3 months later...

Lynn had barely called or texted me in all the time she was gone. I felt like I was losing her without even knowing what was going on. Did something happen between her and Alexa? Was she forgetting about me? Whenever I tried to call her, it would always go to voicemail, and she never really called me back. If she did, it was a five minute conversation at the most. I didn't know what to do anymore. I couldn't break up with her. I couldn't talk to her in person. I was completely stuck and I hated it.

Hated not knowing why she was doing this to me.

I sat at my desk, working on a sketch that I had started months before but never finished. I had barely been able to focus on it. All I could think about Lynn and the possible reasons she hadn't been talking to me. Maybe she really was busy, or maybe she wasn't. I missed when she was with me and still acted like she cared. Did she ever really?

My phone rang and I looked at the screen. It was my mom.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ava, how are you?"

"Not good. Lynn has barely talked to me these past three months. I don't know what to do."

"Wait, she hasn't? How could she not? She can't be that busy!"

"Yeah, I know..I just keep thinking...what if something is going on between her and Alexa?"

"Oh, honey, don't think like that. I can tell she loves you. She wouldn't do that to you. She seems like a good person."

"Then what can explain why she's barely called or texted me?"

"I don't know...maybe she doesn't have very good service?"

"Maybe...I doubt it though."

"I'm sorry about everything. How have things been otherwise?"

"Boring. Lonely, I don't know."

"Just one more month, hon."

"I know. I know."

"Stay strong, okay? I'll call you later."

"Yeah."

I hung up the phone and threw it on the bed. I hoped things would get better soon, but I was beginning to doubt the relationship I had with Lynn. I lied down on my bed and stared at the empty spot to my right, the one Lynn used to occupy. It was cold and lonely. I looked around the room for something to distract myself, anything. My eyes landed on all the boxes and bottles of dyes that Jess had shipped to me over the past month or two. I sat up and looked through all the colors.

There were all different kinds of colors - blue, pink, purple, all different shades. I picked up the light blue shade along with a bleach kit and walked into the bathroom. I read the directions to bleach my hair and mixed the different bottles together before coating my hair with it carefully, making sure to avoid my roots and scalp. I would do my roots after.

//

I rinsed my hair out thoroughly, watching as the blue dye ran down the drain. I grabbed an old towel and dried my hair quickly. I looked in the mirror, shocked by the difference. My hair was almost a pastel blue, but a darker shade for the moment since it was wet. I brushed my hair and threw away the boxes and instructions.

I smiled to myself. Normally I would smile at Lynn, but she wasn't there, was she? I was upset. I wasn't going to beg her to pay attention to me or apologize for being inconsiderate and breaking her promises. I wasn't going to be weak and let her think that the way she was doing things was okay. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I looked to see who was calling. Lynn's contact photo from us at the beach stared back at me. I thought about accepting the call. But I wouldn't. I pressed the decline button and placed my phone back in my pocket.

I took off my dye stained clothes, throwing them in my hamper. I slipped on shorts and a black tank top before walking downstairs to eat something. I wondered if I should go to the Warped Tour by my house. I didn't know if I could see Lynn with Alexa. I knew Alexa would just try to make me feel worse.

I promised Lynn I would never leave her, but as I continued to think about it, I realized she had never promised me. But maybe she had, maybe I just couldn't remember. Everything was fuzzy and confusing. I didn't know what was going on between us.

I just prayed Lynn never forgot about me.

This chapter is kinda sad since I'm just GAHRAHDARAHDARAH right now .-.

- Claire