Please Stay

yay another chapter whoop whoop :P my family left me at the place we're staying to go do stuff so i figured i'd update (also this is up to like 300 reads omg what thanks so much)

Lynn's P.O.V.

I woke up before Ava and slipped out of bed, struggling to put my clothes back on. I walked across the room slowly, not wanting to wake her. I opened the door, tip toeing down the stairs. I turned on the lights in the living room and kitchen. I turned on the stove and took out some pancake mix, making the batter. It was around 10 A.M. when I head footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Ava, who was wearing a baggy Fall Out Boy shirt. Her hair was down, which caressed her face gently. She was still groggy with sleep, which made her even more cute. If that was possible.

"I woke up and you weren't there," she mumbled, rubbing her arm. I turned around completely and felt guilty. I must have upset her, after the night before. How she was worried about me leaving her and moving back to Massachusetts. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you," I said, wrapping my arms around her small waist. I kissed her nose and she smiled, looking happy. I hoped she was. All I cared about was being with her and making her happy.

"I made breakfast," I told her, eager for her reaction. "Aw you didn't have to," she said, turning around to look at the table. "I wanted to," I argued, pecking her cheek. We sat down across from each other and she poured syrup on hers. I forgot to warn her about the faulty lid, so when she tilted the bottle toward her food, an enormous stream of syrup poured down, engulfing her pancakes.

"Oh, shit!" she exclaimed, quickly tilting the syrup upright. I laughed, unable to control myself. She blushed, looking embarrassed. "I'm sorry I just.." I had to stop for a minute since I was laughing so hard. "I forgot to...to..tell you about...the faulty lid," I giggled, almost crying. She gave in and started laughing too.

After a couple seconds, I forced myself to stop and just smiled as I ate. I lifted my legs up and laid them on her lap. "Your feet are cold," she remarked, feeling them against her bare legs. "Like your soul," she added jokingly. "Nice one," I said, grinning. "I know," she giggled. I rolled my eyes at her. God she was adorable. After a couple more minutes, she got up and rinsed her plate, placing it in the dishwasher. I did the same and she stood awkwardly by the kitchen table. "Thank you for breakfast," she said as I came over. She pecked me quickly on the lips and I grabbed her hand, leading her to the couch. She sat on top of me and I groaned. "Get off," I laughed, wiggling beneath her. She smiled before standing up and sitting beside me. I opened my arms, wanting her to come cuddle with me. I loved cuddling with her. She always buried her face in my neck and it was the cutest thing ever.

She snuggled into me and her shirt hiked up, exposing her underwear. She tried to pull the shirt back down, but it kept sliding up. Eventually she gave up, turning her attention back to me. "Did I ever tell you that you have the cutest little nose ever?" she wondered. I shook my head, blushing. "Well you do," she said, resting her chin just below my collarbones. "Thank you," I smiled, looking down at her. She moved herself up to kiss me, placing her hands on the couch beneath me. She leaned back down and rested her head against my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her and we laid there for a few minutes.

"What if the only way your band works out is if you move back?" Ava wonders. I knew this would come up somehow.

"I-I don't know. I don't want to move back because I have you here, but..." I trail off. Fuck. I shouldn't have done that. She sat up. "But? Is there a possibility you might move away?"

She looked really upset. Which made sense. I was her girlfriend.

"I guess there's a possibility for everything," I mumbled. I didn't want to lie to her. But I didn't want to hurt her either. And I knew the truth would hurt her. But I told the truth.

She looked as if she was about to cry. I felt horrible. I really didn't want to leave her. She meant everything to me. But she wouldn't move to Massachusetts with me. I knew her.

"When would you leave if you were to move?" she wondered, her voice breaking. I didn't want her to cry. I wanted to make her happy. But I wasn't doing that, was I? I was making her feel horrible. Why was it so hard for me to choose?

"Um...maybe a couple months," I replied, sitting up. She took in a deep breath and I saw a tear escape but she quickly wiped it away. "Ava, please don't cry," I said, reaching to touch her arm. She pulled away from me and stood up. "Why wouldn't I? You said you wouldn't leave me," she sobbed, several tears streaming down her face.

"I know. I don't want to. Ava I'm so sorry. I want you to come with me," I said, standing up. She stared at me. "What?"

"I want you to come with me. I want you to come. I don't want to lose you," I told her. I was near tears. I couldn't lose her. I couldn't let her go all because of this. I wasn't going to give up that easily. She was everything to me.

"I can't," she cried, wiping away more tears. I was breaking her. This was all my fault.

"Why not?" I asked her, even though I already knew the answer. But I hoped she couldn't find a reason to stay.

"You know why, Lynn. I have a job here, a home. I can't," she explained, taking in a shaky breath. "Please?" I begged. She seemed to consider it for a minute but then shook her head.

"Why can't you stay?" she asked me. It hurt to hear her say that. It hurt me to know that I was hurting her. "This is my one chance to do something I've always wanted to. I want this," I explained. Her face softened, like she had just realized something.

"Then you should do it. If this is what you want, then do it. For yourself," she said, nodding. She was still crying, but I could tell she wasn't going to ask me to stay anymore. "Ava, please. Don't let this go," I begged, stepping toward her. She shook her head. "I'm not going to hold you back. You shouldn't let go of your dream just because of me," she whispered, taking my hand. "I love you, but I need to let you go. So you can have this. I want you to. I don't want to make you miserable," she said. I knew she meant it. But I wish she didn't. I wanted to stay so badly. But moving was the only way I could do this.

"Ava, please. I want you to come with me. Please. Don't.."

I was crying. I wanted her to move with me so badly. I wanted to be with her.

"How would I? What would I do about what I have here?" she asked me. I put my hands on her cheeks and she put her hands on my wrists. "We'll figure it out. Just please, come with me," I begged her. I wanted us to work out. I needed us to work out. I couldn't leave without her. "I'm not going without you."

She sighed and looked down at the floor. "I just don't know what to do."

She had stopped crying, but her eyes were still watery. Those beautiful, deep blue eyes. "We'll figure something out. But please, don't end this," I said. She looked at me for a couple minutes before nodding slowly. "Okay," she whispered. I felt relief rush through me and I kissed her, keeping my hands on her cheeks. "Jess is going to hate me," Ava told me. "It'll be okay," I assured her, kissing her softly once again. I was so glad she was mine. I didn't want anyone else.

"Who are the other people in your band?" Ava wondered. "Their names are Alex and Brian. They're really nice. You'll love them," I responded, smiling at her. She looked unsure, but nodded her head. She brushed her hair over her right shoulder and sniffled. The blue in her hair was beginning to fade, and her brown hair seemed darker than usual.

"Do you want to go back to bed?" I wondered, trying to be subtle. She caught on quickly. "So subtle Ms. Gunn," she said. I blushed. "Is that a yes?" I asked, pulling on the hem of her shirt. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at me. "Movie first," she said. I hated it when she teased me. I groaned as she pulled me up the stairs. I hopped on my bed and she pulled out her laptop from her bag. She opened it and after we settled on a movie, she leaned against my chest and began playing with the ends of my long brown hair. "I'm glad I met you," she mumbled as I took her hand in mine. "Me too," I agreed. She closed her eyes and I kissed her forehead, glad that everything sort of worked out. I hoped she would be happy in Massachusetts. Like I said, all I wanted to do was make her happy. If she was happy, then so was I.

i hope that chapter was okay. but honestly guys thanks so much for over 300 reads, it really means a lot :) i'm going home tomorrow morning so i'm looking forward to that. but not the long ass plane ride

-claire