Machines

Lynn's P.O.V.

I woke up next to Ava, who was still asleep, her face buried in the crook of my neck. I smiled, feeling better than I had before. I had cancelled plans with Alex and Brian earlier. I knew that I had been awful to Ava, and I didn't want to make things worse. I began stroking her cheek, trying to be gentle so that I didn't wake her.

She moved a bit beside me, but still stayed asleep, her breathing even. It was almost noon, but I didn't mind. I just wanted to be with Ava. I watched as light peeked through the white curtains, causing me to squint.

After a while, Ava woke up beside me, blinking a few times before looking up at me.

"Good morning," she said, snuggling against me. "It's 6 P.M.," I told her, kissing her forehead. "What?" she asked, still half asleep. "Yeah. I cancelled plans with Alex and Brian. We can see them some other time," I replied, feeling tired once again. "Oh. Okay," she mumbled, leaning her head against my chest. She held my hand and stared at it. "How is your skin so soft?" she wondered, smiling against me. "I don't know," I laughed, playing with her hair.

"Hey Lynn?"

"Yeah?"

"How long do you think we'll be together?" Ava asked me. I looked at her, confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean...If you and your band become popular, you might have to go away on tour or something. I just feel like we'd grow apart or you'd forget about me or something," she told me, continuing to hold my hand. "Why would I do that? I could never forget about you," I replied, stroking her arm. "But what if it does happen?"

"It won't. I won't let it. I don't want it to. You're my tiny human remember?" I chuckled, earning a smile and a laugh from Ava. "I'm still taller than you."

"Shhhh let me have this," I joked, smiling. She rolled her eyes at me and took in a deep breath. "I trust you then," Ava said, turning her head so that she could look me in the eyes. I kissed her slowly and pulled back. She looked happy, much happier than she was the past couple of days. And I hope she stayed that way. I loved it when she was in a good mood, always smiling and laughing. I loved it even more when I was the one who caused her to be like that.

"I wish we could go back to the lake."

"Me too," I agreed, moving my legs beneath the sheets so that they were intertwined with Ava's.

Ava sat up and reached for her computer, resting it on my stomach, her head still leaning against my shoulder. She pulled up Netflix and we picked a movie, deciding not to get out of bed.

"You're cute," I told Ava, poking her nose. She stuck her tongue out at me and shook her head. "Don't deny it."

"Well I am. I'm a potato," she exclaimed, raising her eyebrow. "A beautiful one," I said, smirking. "Shut up," she laughed, lying back down.

I just hoped things would stay like this.

this chapter is really short because i'm lazy but yeahhh. hope it was okay

-claire