Mind Over Matter

Warning - There's smut in this chapter soooo, if you're sensitive to that, then just skip this

We left Maine the next day.

I was honestly relieved that I could get away from Alexa for a while. But I wasn't relieved that Lynn would be leaving the next day. I didn't know how I would be without her those next couple of months. Just thinking about it hurt.

I hadn't told anyone that Lynn and I were engaged. And I wouldn't for a while.

I sat at my desk, working on a sketch. Lynn was in the shower, and I sat there, alone with my thoughts. The most dangerous place. I heard Lynn's voice from down the hall as she sang something, but I couldn't make out the lyrics. I stared out the window at the foggy skies. Something about it felt empty. Like it knew that Lynn was leaving for a long time.

I knew she would be back, but what would she be in between?

I took in a shaky breath once I realized I was crying, sloppily wiping away my tears. The shower stopped and I tried to focus on my art again, but I couldn't. Several minutes later, I heard footsteps until they entered the room. I looked up and saw Lynn, a towel wrapped around her body, and her hair damp. She turned to smile at me, but it soon faded when she noticed my tears.

"Ava? What's wrong?" she asked me, dropping her clothes on the floor before fixing her towel. I shook my head. "I just don't want to have to miss you," I mumbled, wiping away more tears. She walked over to me and bent down, placing her hands on my cheeks. "Baby, it's okay. I know it doesn't feel like it is, but it will be. I promise you that. I'm going to miss you too. I'd give anything for you to be able to come with me, but I can't," she told me, kissing me softly. I would miss the taste of her lips while she was gone. I would miss how excited she got over everything, how she would hum in her sleep. And how she would always steal the blanket we shared.

"We're playing a show here though," Lynn reminded me, her hands still on my cheeks. "I know. But that's so far away. You're going to be so far," I cried, more tears streaming down my cheeks. Lynn wiped them away. "I know. I know, baby, and I'm so sorry. I don't want to leave either," she said, looking sad. I sniffed and put my hand on the hers, the one that was caressing my face.

She pulled away and I moved out of my chair, standing up. Lynn sat on the edge of the bed, her towel still wrapped around her small frame. I walked over to her and bent down, planting a kiss on her lips. She pulled me forward, causing me to fall on top of her. She pulled me into another kiss and tugged at the waist of my jeans, unbuttoning them. She pulled them down to my knees, and I finished taking them off. Lynn ran her hands up my legs as I pulled my shirt over my head, exposing my bra (i feel so awkward writing this omg) She sat up and ran her hands down my chest, placing them on my waist. Her lips grazed my stomach and I shivered as she trailed kisses all the way up to my neck. My heart raced as she pulled me down with her while rolling me over so that she was on top of me.

She took off her towel, exposing her bare body. I cupped her breasts as she leaned down to kiss my chest, to my stomach. She slipped her hand down my panties and I gasped, probably moaning louder than I meant to. She chuckled softly and begins massaging between my legs. I moved her hair out of the way, pulling it slightly. My breath turned shaky as she pulled my panties down completely, her lips meeting my entrance. I moaned her name as she massaged my clit, slipping a finger inside me slowly. I bucked my hips, the pleasure almost overwhelming. I ran my hands along my chest as I spread my legs wider for her. She slipped another finger inside me, moving them back and forth slowly at first, picking up the pace soon after. I moaned loudly as Lynn's tongue ran across my clit. "I-Fuck," I gasped, pulling on her hair once again. I feel that familiar knot in my stomach. "Fuck, I-I'm gonna..."

Before I could finish my sentence, I reached my climax and moaned once again. Lynn pulled out her fingers and kissed me for a long time. "I love it when you moan," she growled before taking off my bra, playing with my breasts, running her tongue along my nipple. She bit me softly and I bucked my hips again.

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Your turn," I said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lied next to Lynn, wearing a baggy shirt. She had gotten dressed already, but I didn't feel like getting up. I enjoyed lying next to Lynn and listening to her heartbeat, her hand in mine. And I wanted to be as close to her as I could before she left.

Her hand was on my hip as she faced me, looking into my eyes. She pulled me close and wrapped her arms around me tightly, not letting me go.

I wished we could have stayed like that forever.

I wanted to do another update today since this story reached 1K reads (THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN) I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

- Claire