"Because we can't be seen together. He's my boss. I can't afford anyone to catch us together on a date," I said.

"Was that his idea or yours?" He asked getting angry.

I didn't respond.

Dean walked out of the bathroom and sat on the couch with a beer.

I left without saying goodbye.

-------------------

DEAN'S POINT OF VIEW

The fact that Kyle wasn't picking Elena up made me really angry. I feel like she deserved more.

Anyways, I decided to give a special person a call.

.
.
.
.
There was a knock at the door. I walked to the door to see someone I haven't seen since Elena moved in.

"Sammy," I said smiling.

"Hey Dean," he replied.

I hugged him at the door and invited him in.

----------------

ELENA'S POINT OF VIEW

I knocked on the door to Kyle's house. He answered the door smiling.

"Wow, you look fantastic," he said welcoming me into his home.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself," I replied.

We walked into the kitchen and sat down. He handed me a glass of wine and sat down next to me. He stared into my eyes as if examining my soul. Most people found it romantic. I, on the other hand, found it creepy.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking dinner and a movie. Maybe dessert?" he asked lifting one eyebrow.

"Let's get through dinner and a movie first. I'm not one to sleep with a man on the first date," I replied.

"I respect that," he told me.

The oven beeped. I don't know what he was making, but it smelt absolutely fantastic.

"This smells phenomenal!" I told him.

"That smell is dinner. A simple recipe I got for my mom. Although, I have no idea what to call it," he told me laughing.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

"Virginia. Mystic Falls actually," he replied.

"No way, me too!" I said.

"I knew the name Gilbert sounded familiar! We had the same French class!" he said.

"You didn't even know who I was," I said.

"I did too! I always thought you were cute, but you were with that Salvatore guy. I never liked him," he told me.

"How did you not notice it was me when I applied for the job?" I asked.

"Well, to be honest, I hired you because I thought you were cute. I didn't even look at your background. I saw that you met the requirements, and you were hired," he said smiling.

"I don't know if I should be flattered or...?" I replied laughing.

"Well, it would be a lie if I said I wasn't attracted to you. Ever since day one, and you still continue to surprise me everyday," he said staring at me.

He leaned in to kiss me. It was short, but sweet.

We continued the rest of our night normally. We sat on the couch and watched his favorite movie. Not sure what it was, but it was horrible. The entire time, I was thinking about what Dean would be saying through the movie. This was a true snooze fest. I swear, watching a documentary about grass is far more exciting. Of course, I didn't tell him how much I hated it. I felt it was too early in this relationship to tell him I hate his favorite movie.

--------------------

DEAN'S POINT OF VIEW

For a while, Sam and I sat on the couch drinking beers and talking about Jess and work. Sam had become a lawyer at a major law firm and married the woman of his dreams.

"So Dean, what about you?" He asked.

"I've been working. I have my own shop now. It's getting really good business," I replied.

"What about a girl? Found someone yet?" He asked.

"Uhh no. You know me Sammy. I can't settle down," I replied.

"Oh please, what about your roommate?" He asked.

"How'd you know she's a girl?" I asked.

"All the feminine products in the bathroom. Either she was a girl, or you had some major explaining to do," he replied laughing.

Man I missed this. Having beers with my baby brother.

"Nothing is going on between us. In fact, she is even on a date right now!" I said.

"Whatever you say Dean," he replied.

Elena walked through the door which surprised us both.

"Dean hey! I figured you'd be up so I brought sandwiches from your favorite shop!" she said before she noticed Sam was there.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had company. I'm Elena, Dean's roommate," she said shaking Sam's hand.

"Sam Winchester, Dean's Brother," he replied.

"Oh it's nice to finally meet his brother. Dean won't stop talking about you,"she said winking. "I have some extra sandwiches in the bag if you want one," she finished.

"Yeah, that'd be great!" Sam said.

"So how was your date?" I asked.

"It was fine," she told me.

"Did you sleep with him?" I asked.

She choked on the water she was drinking and went into a coughing fit.

Sam stared at me wide eyed.

"What like you weren't wondering that?" I said to Sam.

"Actually Dean, I think that was just you," he told me.

Elena finally finished coughing and looked at me.

"No Dean, I didn't sleep with him," Elena said.

"Oh well that's too bad. I hear that guys with a big ego are great partners," I said.

"So how are you Dean?" she asked before walking to her room. "It was nice to meet you Sam!" she said.

"You too Elena!" he replied.

I sat there staring at her walk to her room. I then looked at Sam who had this weird look on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing Dean," he said with a stupid grin on his face.

"Dude what Sammy? Spit it out!" I said.

"Nothing, it's just, you say you don't like her, then you act like that," he told me.

"Like what?" I asked confused.

"Like a jealous best friend," he finished.

"Sam, I don't have feelings for Elena!" I yelled quietly.

"Look, you can pretend you don't, but everyone can see it. The way you look at her. The way you speak to her. Why don't you just tell her how you feel?" he asked me.

"Oh yeah, cause you're so good at telling your feelings. I could hear you talking to Jess through the walls, which are pretty thin by the way! Hey Jess, I... uh... think... uh... you're really cool and all... and uhhhh... I .... uhhhh..... like you and stuff." I said imitating Sam.

"I do not sound like that! And at least she knew how I felt! It didn't matter how I told her just that I did!" he said.

"Well Sammy, there's nothing to tell because I don't like her," I said.

"Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but I think it's a big mistake to let her go out with another guy," he finished.

We got off that subject and spent the rest of the night talking about things that weren't related to Elena.