Surviving the Johnsons. Chapter fortytwo.

Chapter forty-two.

"No way, they're so much better!"

"I think you're wrong, Mitchie. Clearly, mine is better." Sean had a smug smile on his face.

"I bet you they would agree with me," I huffed. We were currently sitting in my hospital room waiting for me to be discharged, we was having a debate of who's better; All Time Low or Bring Me The Horizon. I was rooting for All Time Low while he was for the other team. "Ask them as soon as we see them," I told him with a flat look.

"You do realize we are meant to be keeping her calm, her pulse rate isn't supposed to raise too high," James commented as he watched us from the doorway.

"Jamey..." James looked at me with a confused face. "Tell him All Time Low is better," I pouted, knowing that it would make him choose my band.

He frowned. "Don't drag me into this."

"Ha! It's because he knows my band is better," Sean smirked at me; I flipped him off before lying back down on my bed.

"Meany."

"You're such a kid, Sean," James laughed and patted me on the back.

"Stupid, mean boys, going against a person who's in hospital," I mumbled loud enough for them to hear. I heard them say aww and the next minute I was being crushed by two boys. "I take it back, I take it back! Get off." They slowly let me go with smirks on their faces. "Jerks."

"That's why you love us," Sean sang. I was about to reply but my dad walked in the room.

"You can leave now, get your stuff." The tension in the room was so thick I doubt you could cut it with a knife; I nodded and took my bags. We followed silently behind my father to the car; we climbed in and stayed quiet the whole ride home.

~

 "How's your leg?" Tony asked as he slid into the seat next to mine. I nodded in response and took a bite of my burger. "Am I disturbing your eating time?" I shook my head. "Are you going to talk otherwise I'll leave..." I grabbed his hand and pulled him back into the seat.

"Sit. Stay." He snorted but obeyed. I finished my burger before I turned to face him and the others. "Sorry, the hospital food was rubbish." We were sitting in a little cafe a few minutes away from the park, eating some lunch so I didn't have to go home with my dad.

Tony shrugged. "Its fine. The poor little Mitchie has to have food."

"Shut it." I smiled at him before taking a sip from my drink. "I'm bored," I whined as I rested my head against Zac, who was on the other side of me. He patted my head like I was a dog; I swatted his hand away and put my feet on Tony's lap. He gave me a flat look but I grinned back, rolling his eyes he went back to his conversation with Nora.

"What you doing later?" Zac asked as I settled more comfortably against him.

I shrugged and closed my eyes. "Don't know. Don't want to go home."

"Want to hang out?"

"Isn't that what we're doing right now?" I opened one eye to look at him, he narrowed his eyes. "Sorry. Yeah, sure, do what though?"

"See a film?" I nodded. “The Hangover Part Two?" Again, I nodded. "Fall asleep on my lap?" I chuckled but nodded, I let myself slip in and out of sleep while Zac joined in Nora and Tony's conversation and stroking my hair.

"Mitchie, wake up," I felt some brush a strand of hair off my face, my eyes fluttered open to see Zac leaning over me with a small smile on his face. "Hey, sweetie. You fell asleep so I brought you back to mine, hope that's okay."

"Sure, thanks." I sat up and looked around, it felt like forever since I'd last been Zac's house but his room hasn't changed at all. "What happened to Tony and Nora?" I asked as he picked up some clothes off the floor.

"Don't actually know." He stood up straight and looked around. "This is a lost cause, sorry."

"It doesn't bother me - much." He chuckled and flopped down on the bed next to me."Guess seeing the films off?" He shrugged his shoulders and picked up his phone.

"It's just gone three, we can still go see it if you want?" I nodded my head and he helped me up.

~

I stared at Tony as I poured my bucket of popcorn over him. Nora and Zac stared at me as I walked out the cinema. I heard Nora calling after me but I told her to leave me alone. I was annoyed. No, I was beyond annoyed.

"Hey, Mitchie, come on, wait up!" Zac grabbed me around the waist and made me face him. "What happened?"

"He was being a jerk."

"So you poured your popcorn over him? Damn, if you didn't want it that badly, you could have given it to me." It was obvious he was trying to get me to smile and it worked, slightly. "Come on, what did he do?"

"We were talking about the night at the club. He was having a go at me because of the stupid bet I made with Nora." I made a face. "He was saying it was stupid and I shouldn't have done it. What's worse is that I can't remember who I even kissed!" I threw my hands out and nearly hit a lady in the stomach. "Sorry!" I called after her; she waved her hand in dismissal with a smile.

"You don't remember who you kissed?"

"No. I just remember it was someone... Who was it?" I squinted my eyes at him. He knew who kissed me!

"It was..." he pursed his lips. ”Why does it matter if you remember? If you don't remember, you don't remember."

"Why are you so set on not telling me?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Tony knows, you know, I think Nora knows. Hell! I think they all know."

"Because I don't see the point in you knowing if you can't remember and care."

"I want to know, someone kissed me and no one will tell me who!"

"Actually you kissed that said person." He bit his lip and averted his eyes.

"Oh my god, I kissed you didn't I?" He nodded his head slowly. "I'm sorry. I think I had something too much to drink..."

"Doesn't bother me," he smiled before walking towards the exit.

Wait. Does that mean he still likes me? I watched him walk away with a frown on my face.

~