Preference #19 {Subject You Tutor Him On}

Soda: math. Even though he isn't in school you try and teach him some things when you have homework and he's not doing anything at home or the DX. Every time he gets a question right, he gets a kiss. He's learning fast and wishes he had you to help while he was in school.

Dally: English. Shakespeare specifically. He hates the guy, but could you really blame him? When you're reading it to him, you read it the way Dallas would say it. He usually throws the book and you do something else instead.

Darry: home economics (cooking). You paired up when you decided to bake a cake for the class final. He offered up his kitchen and you tried showing him how to measure everything but he started an egg fight instead. Eventually the cake was done. There's a reason he's so good at it now.

Steve: geography. When you would visit him at DX you always brought your textbook. You would ask him to find certain places and name their Capitol or just read you a page. He didn't like it but he was learning slowly.

Ponyboy: algebra. You tried a lot of different ways to get him to understand what you're supposed to do. When he got a question right he got to read a page of his book. He was trying harder than ever.

Two-Bit: science. The electricity unit to be Exact. It wasn't that difficult. He was what was difficult. He was too concerned with what was on tv. So you unhooked it's cables. "Complete the circuit." You stood in front of him with a serious expression.

Johnny: history. He tried hard to understand it. So you would read compare one of his friends to a time period or read a book to him. It was kind of working. As long as he passed the class.