You Can Fly

"But Peter, how do we get to Neverland?" Wendy asked .
"Second star to the right and straight on til morning!"
John and Michael stared amazed, with crusty matter in their eyes. The slender young man claimed to take them to a land where they never grew up !
"All you need is faith , trust, and pixie dust!"
He grabbed a handful of shimmering powder and threw it on the children. With total trust they grabbed Peter Pan's hand and stepped on the ledge.
"Here weeeee gooooo!"
With a huge leap each one of the children took a turn lunging off their window sill. Screams of glee and pure joy filled the misty streets followed by a hollowed thud.
The parents raced up the stairs of their grand home and burst inside the nursery. The beds were empty and the gossamer curtains fluttered in the crisp breeze. They slowly crept to the window , fearing the worst .
"Wendy? John? .. Michael?"
Glancing down almost simultaneously they saw their three precious angels splattered among the cement with their St.Bernard, Nana, licking the spilt blood.
Hiding on the rooftop Peter Pan looked down upon the mess he made. A quick flitter of wings and Tinkerbell lit on his shoulder smiling from ear to ear.
" You're right Tink! Now they never will grow up."