Chapter 16 - Loki's Ending

Readers POV (Loki Ending)

When the three of you returned to Asgard Loki was sent back to the dungeon, Thor to the healers, and you were sent to Odin's great hall. When you reach the great hall you look forward to see Odin standing tall in front of his golden throne. "You wanted to see me your majesty?" you say as you reach him. He takes a deep breath before he says, "Would you care to explain yourself and your actions leading up to the return of the three of you to Asgard?" You gulp down a breath of air as you explain to him everything that happened in the alternate reality created by the Virkeligheten, from waking up in your room to the rebirth of Thor. When you are done he raises an eyebrow as he says, "So you are saying the Virkeligheten showed compassion to its host and in return for all the destruction it has caused you it returned Thor to you and then just disappeared back on Vanaheim?"

You nod your head as you say, "Yes sir." He nods as he starts to walk toward you. "Then the only thing I have left to say is welcome home." Your eyes shoot up to his a bright smile filling you face as you throw your arms around him and say, "Thank you so much!" When you don't feel his arms hug you back you start to feel like you have overstepped your boundaries and right as you are about to pull away he wraps his arms around you and says, "Now what shall you do?" Your eyes fly open as you pull away from him and say, "I hadn't thought that far ahead. Honestly If it weren't for Loki and Thor I would have remained in Vanaheim with the Virkeligheten, now that I have a choice I'm completely clueless." His lips tilt up in a loving smirk as he says, "Give it some time, even if you decided to leave this shall for now and forever be your home." As you smile he leans over and gives you a quick kiss on your forehead before he leaves to go and check on Thor. You stand there a mixture of both happiness and confusion filling your body as you contemplate what to do next.

All your life you had wanted to come back to Asgard but now that you had the chance you weren't sure anymore. You walk out onto the giant balcony leading from the great hall and sigh as you look out over the gorgeous land that had always been part of your dreams. 'What am I to do?' You ask yourself as you look out at the stars that you had once loved so much. 'I can't stay here.' You say as you turn back to look at the throne. How could you stay here now that you knew both brothers cared for you and each wanted you for their own, both had gone as far as to sacrifice themselves for you. You couldn't stay and make one brother watch as you started a life with the other so with one last look out over the vast universe you turn back and decide to find Odin and tell him that you had made up your mind, You would return to Vanaheim to live the rest of your days out in peace.

You found him right as he was leaving the healers. You take a deep breath as you walk up to him and say, "How's Thor?" He smiles as he says, "He is going to be fine, thanks to you." You smile as you say, "I have decided it was time I go home, and with the Virkeligheten gone I am safe to reclaim Vanaheim." He smiles softly as he says, "That is very noble of you, your parents would be proud of you." You smile as you say, "And if it's possible would it be alright if all the refugees that came to Asgard during the war were able to return?" Odin nods as he says, "It is I will make an announcement at dinner." You smile softly as you say, "Thank you." He nods slightly as he says, "And what will you tell Thor and Loki?" your smile fades as you say, "Who should I choose?" Odin's smile fades as he says, "That is completely up to you." You sigh as you say, "It's too hard." "Love wasn't meant to be easy my dear," He says as he gently pats your shoulder then turning leaves you there to ponder your thoughts. You sigh as you say, "Who do I choose?" You surprise yourself as Loki is the first one that comes to your mind, his greenish blue eyes making your heart flutter in your chest.

You start to think about how he made your heart rush when you two were alone in his cell and you sigh as you realize that your heart had already made up its mind. You turn back to see Thor walking out of the Healers. He smiles as he sees you, you look down at your feet as you try to think of some way of explaining that you had made your choice. "_______, how did your talk with my father go?" You force a smile as you say, "Pretty good, look there's something I need to tell you," His smile fades as he says, "I already know," you tilt your head as you say, "You already know what?" He smiles as he says, "That you have chosen Loki," Your eyes widen as you say, "How did you..." He reaches up and gently rubs your arms as he says, "Because I saw the two of you in your dream, the way the two of you look at each other reminds me of how you and I used to look at each other."