Chapter 1 - Young Thor

Thor's POV

He smiled to himself as he made his way through the courtyard and on to the great hall where he usually went to look out over Asgard from the great balcony. He thought about how pretty ________ had gotten over the years. He chuckled as he remembered how she used to follow him around with wonder in her innocent (E/C) eyes. "What are you thinking of brother?" Thor heard his younger brother ask as he walked up to stand beside him and join him in looking at Asgard. "Have you ever been in love brother?" Thor asks as he turns and looks at his younger brother.

Loki was nearly two years younger than him but at times his brother showed great wisdom beyond his years. "No brother I have not." Thor smiles as he looks out over the kingdom as he says, "Love, my dear brother is a very confusing thing. One person you would never have thought you would have feelings for could one day catch your eye."

"Have you fallen in love brother?" Loki asks as he stares at Thor with concern in his blue green eyes.

Thor runs a hand through his disheveled blonde hair as he says, "I believe I am, I have never felt this way before toward any one. I do not know why my heart decided to become hers but it is something that I cannot and shall not change. When it comes time to choose a bride I will proudly ask father for _________'s hand." Loki's eyes widen in sudden realization and he grabs Thor's arm as he says, "Brother you cannot marry _______." Thor's smile fades as he looks down at his brother sapphire eyes filling with confusion as he says, "And why not, she is Asgardian just as you and I." Loki looks away and Thor realizes that his little brother is hiding something from him.

"Loki is there something you wish to tell me?" Thor asks as his voice deepens to a thunderous boom. Loki sighs as he looks up into his brother's eyes as he says, "Thor just trust me it will be better if you just forget about her." Thor tilts his head in confusion and then feeling his anger rise reach over and grab his younger brother by the collar of his tunic say, "Loki tell me what is going on!" Loki stares at Thor his eyes wide with fear as he says, "Father is to send _________ away from Asgard this very day."

Thor releases his brother's collar and without another word rushes off toward his mother's room. Fear rushed through Thor's body as he ran up to his mother's room and without knocking threw the door open to see that the room was empty only causing his anger and panic to rise. Thor ran from the room and toward ________'s room praying that he would be able to stop her from leaving. When Thor arrived at her room he found it empty save for a letter lying openly atop her bed. Thor's heart clenched as he reached down and picking up the letter reads:

Dearest Thor,

I must regretfully tell you that I am leaving Asgard, situations have come up and it is no longer safe for me to reside in Asgard. Please do not blame Odin and Frigga they are only doing what is best for Asgard and the nine realms. I only wish I could have told you my true feelings before I left but I found that it would be much easier to leave our friendship as just that a 'friendship'. Please become a great man and one day I have no doubt that you will become a great king. I love you Thor and I will cherish our times together. Fair the well young prince of Asgard. I love you.

_______________________

Thor stands dumbfounded as he crumples the letter in his hand as his rage fills his body. His eyes blaze as he runs from her room and toward the bifrost to stop __________ from leaving. As he came upon the gate he watches helplessly as _________ bids farewell to Frigga before stepping into the bifrost leaving nothing but a memory behind. "No!" Thor yells out as runs toward the bridge only to be stopped by a group of guards holding him back. "LET ME GO!" He yells out as his rage gets the better of him causing his voice to echo throughout Asgard.

"Thor enough!" Odin orders as he turns away from Hiemdall and toward his raging son. "Why? Why would you send her away?" Thor asks as he continues to struggle against the guards hold.

"I did what was best for Asgard and the nine realms."

"And how is sending her away doing what is best?!" Thor yells out his anger radiating throughout the bridge opening.

"When you become king you will understand." Odin says as he turns back toward the stars as if to end their conversation.

"I will never be king, not without __________." Thor yells out as he is dragged from the bridge and led to the dungeon where he was ordered to stay until he calmed down.

Thor paced back and forth in his cell his mind filled with images of _________. Every once in a while his rage would get the better of him and he would punch the wall causing it to dent. After a few weeks Frigga came to see her son. "Thor my dear you must cease your anger against your father for sending ________ off Asgard."

"How can I when he sent the only woman I have loved off into one of the nine realms?" Thor says as he folds his arms over his chest. Frigga stares at her son with sadness in her eyes as she asks, "You love ________?" Thor avoids his mother's eyes as he nods.

"My son I am sorry but circumstances surfaced that could not have been avoided but I will tell you one thing," Thor looks into his mother's eyes a new found hope rising in his chest as he asks, "What?"

"________ is in one of the nine realms, if you appease your father and grow into a great man you will find her again."

"Are you certain of this?"

Frigga nods as she says, "You are not the only one who is upset about ________'s departure." With that Thor was released from his cell and he devoted each day to becoming stronger and finding __________.