Chapter 3 - Loki

Readers POV

As you neared the glass cage containing Loki, your heart clenched as you see his once innocent blue eyes tainted by rage and jealousy. As he turns to look at you he pauses as his eyes meet yours. "Wait, this is not possible how are you here?"

You sigh as you walk up to the glass and say, "I take it you remember me then?"

He nods slightly and then smirks as he says, "So this is where Odin sent you all those years ago."

Your heart clenches as you say, "It is, but why are you here, what do you possibly hope to gain from coming to Midgard and harassing the mortals."

He smiles as he says, "I take it my dear brother has not noticed you yet, that is kind of ironic wouldn't you say."

You narrow your eyes as you try to hide your emotions as you say, "Loki you forget I'm the one who taught you how to avoid a question by asking another, you cannot fool me. Why do you want earth Loki and do not forget I can make you tell me the truth."

Loki scowls as he says, "If you must know, Odin wants Thor to rule Asgard and it is only right that I get a realm of my own and Midgard is the perfect realm for me."

You stare wide eyed at your once friend as you say, "Loki, what happened to you to make you want to cause so much pain to your family and the people of earth?"

Loki's eyes darken and he growls as he says, "They are not my family, they lied to me. I am a frost giant not an Asgardian!" Your heart clenches as you stare at him. You sigh as your eyes change from their normal (E/C) to Golden yellow and slowly walk through the glass and into the cage with him. Loki stares wide eyed as he says, "How did you do that?"

You smile softly as you say, "Loki, there are things about me that no one knows." Loki stares at you like you are a wild animal about to pounce on him as he steps away back away from you. You sigh as you reach out and gently touch his cheek as you say, "Loki you were one of my best friends, we learned magic and how to fight together. I am sorry that after I left things went downhill for you." Loki clenches his jaw as he stares into your (E/C) eyes his gaze making your face flush.

"__________, I am sorry that you are now caught in the middle of this; but there are greater forces at play here than me." he reaches up and gently pulls your hand down as he continues, "You know had you not left Asgard I would have told you how much I," He stops talking and clenches his jaw as he pulls away from you and walks over to the other side of the cage and says, "You need to go,"

You stare at him wide eyed but nod as you say, "Okay," You quickly walk back through the glass and glancing at Romanoff take a deep breath to keep from letting your emotions show. You quickly make your way back up to the bridge where Thor stared at you wide eyed. You quickly avert your eyes from his and turning to Fury say, "Can I leave now, I don't want any part of what either of you are doing."

"I'm afraid that isn't possible. We have a feeling Loki is up to something and you might just be our wild card. Coulson, Please show Ms. ________ to her room."

You roll your eyes as you mutter, "This is bullshit."

"Right this way Ms. _________," Coulson says as he motions you back toward the elevator. You sigh as you follow closely behind Coulson trying not to look back at Thor. When you reach the elevator you pause as everything around you freezes. You look around eyes wide as a familiar voice calls out to you, "__________, You must not tell Loki about the Virkeligheten."

You sigh as you say, "Why can't I?"

The disembodied voice sighs as it says,"Loki is working for someone who will risk everything to get me. In fact he is working for the being that destroyed your home and murdered your father."

Your heart tenses at the thought of your friend now working for the one creature you had vowed to destroy after learning of your fathers' death. "You have my word, I will not tell Loki or anyone else about you, save for the agent next to me."

"Thank you __________, I am only doing this to protect us."

You nod as you say, "I know, but can you explain something to me?"

"Whatever your heart desires?"

"Why did you attack Tony when he was trying to make sure I was alright?"

"I must apologize for that, when the Tesseract was activated it set off my emergency shield; therefore reacting as a defense mechanism." You nod and then taking a deep breath relax to find that the room had been unfrozen and the doors of the elevator were closing.

"Are you alright?" Coulson asks as he rests a hand on your shoulder, his touch seeming somehow familiar.

You look at down at his hand as your body tenses but quickly look away as you say, "I'm fine, just a little tired."

He nods slightly as he says, "I've made arrangements for you to be housed a few doors down from me, if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask."

You smile thankful for the kindness Coulson was showing you. When you first met him you never would have thought he was like this. As he walks you toward your room you find out even more interesting things about what is going on and everyone's part in it. Before you know it you felt that the two of you had become closer perhaps even friends. When the two of you reach the room that had been assigned to you, you bid the agent farewell and walking in see a twin size bed lying in the corner and sigh as you walk over and lying down on it use this quiet time to process the information you had received.