Chapter 14 - Waking up

Reader's Pov

You force a smile as you curtsy before them as you say, "It's a pleasure to meet you." You feel someone take your hand and you look up to see Thor gently planting a kiss upon it. 

"The pleasure is ours." You feel your heart start to race as you stare into his icy blue eyes as a faint memory tries to reveal itself. You feel your face flush and you quickly look away as you try to calm your rushing heart. 

"Would you like to dance?" You hear Loki ask and nodding let him lead you out onto the floor. "I apologize for my brother he can be a bit much." 

Smiling you look up into his greenish blue eyes as you say, "Don't worry about it." He smiles back at you as he twirls you to reveal snowflakes falling from the edge of your dress.

The two of you continue to dance until you feel a hand touch your shoulder and turn to see Thor standing there. "May I cut in brother?" 

Loki nods as he says, "Of course, thank you ________, for the dance." 

You curtsy as you say, "Your welcome." You watch as he walks away until you feel Thor's muscular arm wrap around your waist and pull you in tight. You look up into Thor's icy eyes and smile as a faint memory tries to make its way back into your mind. 

"Do you believe in fate?" He asks and you tilt your head as you say, "Perhaps, givin the right circumstances." 

He smiles as he says, "I don't know why but I feel like we've met somewhere before." 

Your smile fades as you say, "I have the same feeling." You stare into his eyes as you feel the rest of the world start to melt away leaving only you and him. It felt like you and he were all alone in the world as he twirled you around the dance floor.

What seemed like a few moments turned out to be hours as you are brought back by your father announcing, "We thank you all for coming tonight, and wish you all a merry night as we end this party." Everyone starts to converge on my parents to bid them farewell when you feel Thor pull you toward the courtyard. 

"What are you doing?" You ask as a smile covers your face. When you two are alone he wraps his arms around your waist and pulling you in close presses his lips to yours. A wave of passion flows through your body as you feel your arms wrap around his neck to deepen your kiss. Your heart starts to flutter as your body melts into his. His arms tighten around you making a soft moan escape your lips. Then all the sudden he pulls away and looks down at his chest. You follow his eyes to see blood gushing from his heart.

"Thor?" you ask as he falls into your arms making you fall to the floor cradling his head in your lap. "Oh my god Thor!" You cry out as you cup his cheek and try to think of some way to help him. 

"__________, here you are." Thor says a faint smile covering his face. 

"What are you talking about of course I'm here?" You ask as you stare into his icy eyes. 

"Listen to me ________, this isn't real you need to wake up." 

"What do you mean this isn't real? Of course it's real you're here with me this is my home." 

He shakes his head as he says, "As much as I wish this was how we met it is not, before I go I just want to tell you one thing." 

You search his eyes as you say, "What?" 

He smiles as he says, "At least I got to see you one last time, I love you ________." 

Then his eyes gloss over with death and you eyes widen as you cry out, "Thor? Thor?! THOR!" You bury your face in his chest as you say, "I don't understand. Please come back!"