Chapter 6 - Coulson

Reader's Pov

Men shouting rouse you from your unconsciousness and you look around to see Thor standing in the cage and Loki standing outside talking to him. The next thing you know you see Coulson aiming a really big gun at Loki. Panic fills your body as you try to gain full consciousness. The next thing you hear is the sound of metal slicing through meat and look back over to see Loki standing behind Coulson the tip of his scepter had pierced through Coulson's back clean through his chest. "NO!" You hear Thor yell out and you force yourself to stand and make your way over to Coulson only to run right into Loki's legs. He turns around and sees you trying to crawl past him to Coulson's aid and his eyes narrow. Fear fills your body as you notice a new coldness in his eyes that you had never seen before. You open your mouth to say something when you hear the cage rattle sending Thor falling from the Helicarrier toward the ground.

Your heart clenches but you put your emotions away as you start to move toward Coulson just as he says, "You're gonna lose."

Loki turns back to him and chuckles as he says, "Am I?"

Coulson nods as he says, "It's in your nature."

Loki scowls as he says, "Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress falls from the sky... where is my disadvantage?"

Coulson half smiles as he says, "You lack conviction."

You glance down at his hand to see his finger tightening on the trigger and quickly press your face to the floor as Loki says, "I don't think I..." Only to be sent backwards through the wall leaving you alone with Coulson.

You look over at him and he chuckles as he says, "So that's what it does." You force yourself to your feet and quickly make your way over to the agent just as Fury walks through the door beside you. Coulson chokes down blood as he turns to Fury and says, "I'm sorry, boss. The god rabbited."

Fury stares at Coulson as he waits for the paramedics to show up and says, "Just stay awake. Eyes on me."

Coulson shakes his head slightly as he says, "No. I'm clocked out here."

Fury's face hardens as he says, "Not an option."

"It's okay, boss. This was never going to work... if they didn't have something... to..." You look back at Coulson right as he looks away and sighs his last breath.

Nick Fury looks on grimly at Coulson as he brings his radio up to his mouth and says as the Paramedics push us out of the way, "Agent Coulson is down." Someone says something on the other side then Fury replies, "They're already here. They called it."

You stare at Coulson with wide eyes as you think to yourself, 'This isn't fair. Coulson was a great man, he didn't deserve this.' "You can save him _______." The Virkeligheten says causing you to find your courage to speak. Fury goes to leave but you quickly grab his Black trench coat and say, "Wait I can save him!" Fury looks down into your eyes a look of disbelief filling his. "Please just let me help him. I promise it will work."

Fury looks back and forth between you and Coulson before he sighs and says, "Then why aren't you doing so."

You nod as you push the paramedics away from him and say to the Virkeligheten, "Please allow me to use your power." You instantly feel a immense amount of power start to flow through your body causing a golden yellow light to appear around you. You reach out and gently place your hand on Coulson's chest and let the Virkeligheten do the rest.

Looking down you could see the wound healing itself at a rather fast pace. You quickly ask the Virkeligheten to keep him unconscious until after he reaches the hospital and then smile when you feel a heartbeat under your hand signaling that Coulson was now healed. You look back at Fury and say, "He'll be fine, minus the scar and dying pieces; but he'll be alive and that's what counts."