Chapter 10 - Jail

Loki's Pov

Loki still didn't understand why she would want to be imprisoned in the same cell as him but he wasn't going to argue. He wasn't going to be alone in his imprisonment and that made him relax a little bit. He looks around his cell and sees the chairs and books and sighs. Loki looks over into the corner to see _________, sitting there hiding her face. He knew that she had been crying ever since they had left the great hall but he didn't know how to comfort her. When they were younger he would've just told her to grow up but now that they were grown he didn't know how to treat her.

He lets out a sigh of discomfort as against his better judgment walks over and sits down beside her. "Are you alright?" She shakes her head as she keeps it buried into her lap. Loki sighs as he reaches over and wrapping his arm around her gently starts to rub her back as he says, "You will be, I have a feeling you won't be here for long." She turns her head toward him and his heart stops as he sees her gorgeous (E/C) eyes swollen red from crying so much. "I don't remember you being so nice to me." She says a faint smile tracing her lips. Loki quickly turns away from her as he says, "We were children and things change." She nods as she says, "Things do change, people on the other hand not so much." Loki's heart clenches as he knows that this is a stab at him.

"Some people do change," Her eyes find his as she says, "Why did you?" He clears his throat as he pulls his arm away from her and says, "Let's just say things happened that forced my hand." She sighs as she sits up and leans her head back against the wall. "I never thought I would ever come back here; ugh why did I let Thor talk me into returning?" Loki clenches his jaw as he says to himself, 'Because you secretly wanted to come home.' Loki conjures up a book and he turns toward her as he hears her chuckle. She smiles as she says, "I never thought I'd see you reading 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.' " He looks down at his hands and grins as he says, "What's not to like about a world that is in complete and utter madness?"

She smiles as she says, "Read it to me," he raises an eyebrow as he says, "What do I look like your personal tutor?" She raises her eyebrow as she smirks and says, "No that was Frigga, but I miss hearing someone read to me and I happened to like that book." 

"Still waiting for you to make a point," 

She sighs in frustration as she says, "Fine if you're not going to read to me go sit in another corner and I'll conjure up my own book." 

He smirks as he says "When did you become so bossy?" 

She folds her arms over her chest as she says, "I learned from the best." 

He tilts his head as he says, "And that would be?"

 She smiles as she says, "Let's just say over the past hundreds of years I've worked for some of the Midgards bossiest and in fact most brilliant minds in history."

"Oh really, mind to name a few?" 

She bites her lip as she looks up at the ceiling in deep thought. "Well there's Alexander the great, Galileo, Leonardo de Vinci, Genghis Khan, Abraham Lincoln, and my personal favorite Cleopatra." 

"Why is she your favorite?" 

"Even though she was forced to marry her brother, she never gave up hope that one day she would find love; as she did with Marc Antony. It was a sad day when they died. She was truly a great woman."

 "I take it the two of you were close?" 

She nods as she says, "She was a true friend," Silence fills the room as he thinks about what to say. "Well are you going to read to me or go sit in your own corner?" 

He smirks as she says, "Do not get used to this." 

She holds her hands up as says, "I won't, scouts honor." He smirks as he opens the book and starts reading aloud.