Chapter 28- Insecurities

Start from the beginning

*

The whole car ride home was silent. It was more a of thinking silence. Once we got inside the house, my mom told me to sit on the couch and wait for her. Oh boy, here it comes. Punishment time.

Five minutes later, mom came out with a shoebox and a smile. I looked at her weirdly, but she said nothing. Mom sat down on the couch, right next to me. She turned to me. I didn't dare look her in the eye. I was ashamed. Not because of what I did, because it gave my mom more of a hassle. I just struck me now that I have been selfish, only thinking about me and my problems, when my family was having their own problems that I didn't even know of. Like Nate and his human mate. Like Percy and him, I don't think, having a mate, or not a mate. Even my mom and how she was getting by..without her mate..my dad..

Ever since my dad died, I have gave her the cold shoulder. I guess I didn't realize how much of a daddy's girl I was until dad died and I practically shunned my own mother. My mom and I looked most alike out of our family. Dark hair, tan skin, evil genius mind. I was her blood.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked me out of the blue. I turned slightly to look at her analyzing eyes. But I was confused. "Wait, you aren't going to punish me?" I asked cautiously, trying to change the subject and stay out of trouble. She laughed at me. 

"No, not until I get the full story. So, I will ask again. Why didn't you tell me about him?" She prodded again.

"What?" I asked her, trying to not let my emotion thicken my voice. She laughed at me and took my hand in her lap. "Why didn't you tell me about Luke?" She clarified. My hands became clammy, my blood ran cold. Did she know? But how..? I was about to deny anything but she put up her hand.

"Don't deny it. I know my daughter. Trust me. Please don't pull away. Please, darling." She said, sadness and hurt lacing her voice. I finally looked all the way at her and saw that her eyes were full of tears...

My walls that I have been trying to keep up, instantly crumbled. "Oh mom." I cried. She pulled me into a hug. I didn't dare cry and I guess neither did my mom because she weep. Finally she let me go and looked me straight in the eye. 

"Tell me everything." And I did.

*

Three hours, two ice cream tubs, and a bunch of chocolate later and my mom knew everything. She looked absolutely furious when I was done. But I had no idea why..I mean, my mate just totally kicked me to the curb for a whore girlfriend, but other than that, who knows.

"Wait, so you mean that Luke broke up with her today because of the picture fliers?" She asked. I nodded, taking a bite of some chocolate ice-cream. She scowled.

"Well, I knew Luke was your mate, but I had no idea why you guys weren't together. Even his mom knew...And he didn't get with you because of Carrie, who was cheating on him with Alex, who is her mate, but she didn't want to leave Luke because she wanted to have power? And this is all the reason why you wanted to go to Aunty's for the week?" I nodded again, thinking that it sounded worse than itactually was..or did it?

"Well she deserves much more than what you did..." She mumbled. I nodded, once again, in agreement, taking another bite of ice-cream, but something hit me.

"How did you guys know?" I asked her, putting down the ice-cream. My mom smirked at me. "A mother has her ways.." She hinted at me, winking. I scowled at her secretive attitude. "Fine. Whatever." I sulked, while she just laughed it off.

"So are you going to accept Luke?" I shrugged at her. "I'm not sure..I mean, I want to, I really do, but I don't want to be any ones second choice. Especially my mates." I sighed. She nodded knowingly. I decided it was best to change the subject.