Chapter 16: Friendships

[Roman Reigns]

Colby and I were sitting on the couch when the door swung open.

"Two-tones!" We hear and turn to see Alex.

"Angel!" Colby says and they hug.

"What happened? You look like you ran." He says as they release.

"I did." She says, sitting by him on the couch.

"Why?" I ask just as Jon walked in, out of breath.

"Cuz she was being a fucking tease!" He says, closing the door.

Colby and Alex laugh.

"So what's this?" Colby asks, pointing from Alex to Jon.

Alex smiles and gets up. She hugs Jon's neck and Jon wraps an arm around her waist.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lunatic Fringe are back in full affect, baby!" Jon says.

That was their nickname in the locker rooms at work.

"Holy shit!" Colby yells and I laugh.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lunatic Fringe are back! God help us all!" Colby says.

We all laugh and then Jon sits next to me. He and Alex gesture towards each other. Alex then sighs.

"Joe. You, me. Back room. Now." She says and walks off.

"Pray I don't die." I mutter to the guys.

They laugh and I follow Alex into the back room.

"Ok I'm gonna be honest with you. This was a half and half decision. Half is for my own closure and half is for Jon and Colby. I don't wanna make them feel like they're uncomfortable or they should exclude anybody from anything just cuz we got problems. So we're gonna talk and we're gonna resolve this. For them and for us." She says.

God I missed her. Straight to the point.

"I'm also not gonna lie that it's... really good to see you again, and it not being on bad terms." She says.

"Me too." I say.

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush and sugar coat shit at all. I'm not as mad but I'm still mad as hell from everything that went down between you and I. It hurt like hell with Jon and Colby but you and I both know our relationship is a lot deeper than with the two of them combined. You're my best friend. My brother... and you hurt me in multiple ways." She says.

"I know I did and I'm... so sorry. There's no apology in the world to come close to being enough for doing what I did. I can't take it back. But I can do anything you'd like to make up for it. Even if I gotta do it forever. You're worth it. You're my best friend, my sister, my family. You've always been there and I wasn't. I should've been one of the first to defend you. I should've believed you. And I shouldn't have taken it that far." I say.

I saw her trying not to cry.

"I hated not having you around. I hated not being able to pick up the phone and call you just to talk or to help me out with JoJo. I hated having to tell my daughter that you and I weren't talking. But it killed me... to not have you at my wedding. Being either a brides maid or the maid of honor. It killed me to see my wife looking on her phone or at social media to look at pictures of all of us together, you two, or even just you. When I saw you with your music fam... it broke my heart cuz that was us. You may fit in with them but you belong here. We're your family." I say.

She nods.

"You're right. I was happy there but I belong here. We are family. Just like any family, you don't always like your relatives. You hate them but at the end of the day, your ass is still stuck with them, blood and DNA wise." She says.

We both laugh.

"Beef squashed?" I ask.

"Squashed." She says.

I open my arms and she laughs then walks into them. We release and walk out.

"We good?" Colby asks.

"We're good." She says.

"Thank god!" They both yell.

We all laugh then let Alex go to her meet & greet.