Prologue

"Thor, wait for me!" You call out as you follow your childhood friend, and secret crush, through one of the many Asgardian courtyards. Thor was seventeen only a couple years older than you and a prince of Asgard. It did not bother you of the social class differences between you and the eldest prince of Asgard, all you knew was that you were in love with him. He smiled brightly as he turned back to you and said, "Hurry ________, if we wait much longer Hiemdall will have returned to his post on the bifrost."

You smile as he reaches back and taking your hand pulls you off toward the bifrost after him. You and Thor had a secret, every week since before you could remember the two of you had secretly crossed through a secret portal in the realm that led to Midgard. The two of you would laugh and play without any worries or cares until one day when it all changed. "Thor, ________, where are you going?" You heard a boyish voice ask and turning see Loki standing a few feet away, his short black hair slicked back perfectly against his head. "Just going to admire the stars brother you have no need to worry." Thor said as his grip tightened around your hand almost crushing it with his uncontrollable strength.

"Thor you're hurting my hand." You say causing him to immediately loosen his grip.

"_______, the Allmother is looking for you." He says and your heart drops as you realized you would not be allowed to accompany Thor to Midgard.

"Thank you Loki I will head there now." You say as you reluctantly release Thor's hand and start making your way up to Frigga's bedchambers.

"________ wait!" You hear Thor call out and stopping turn back just in time to see him walk up to you and unexpectedly pull you in close to his body and leaning down gently places a kiss upon your forehead causing your eyes to widen in shock. Your face flushes as you stand there completely unaware of what to do. As he pulled away you stared up into his clear blue eyes as you try to find something to say.

He gently caresses your cheek with the back of his hand as he says, "Meet me when you are finished."

You nod slightly as you said, "Where?"

A bright smile covers his face as he says, "You know the place." Then he quickly turns and walks away back through the courtyard.

As you stare after him you notice Loki's greenish blue eyes glance at you as he follows close behind his brother as he usually did. Something about the way he looked at you made the world seem a little friendlier than you had grown up to believe. When they disappeared from your sight, you turned back and quickly made your way to the All mother's bedchamber, where she awaited your arrival. As you stand outside her bedroom door you could hear voices inside in a rather heated argument.

"This is not up for discussion Frigga the girl has to be sent away!" You heard the Allfather say and your blood ran cold, what girl was he talking about and if he was talking about you what had you done? "Dear husband please reconsider, it is not the child's fault that her parent's left her with such a burden on her shoulders."

"Frigga it is no use, the girl will be sent to Midgard as a precautionary measure." Your heart clenches even tighter as you continue to listen knowing full well now that they were referring to you.

"Odin, ________ is just a little girl the humans will torture her to get what they desire from within her."

"I know but there is no other way, the child carries within her the virkeligheten, and since I cannot withdrawal it from within her I must shield her powers from the realms and send her to the last place anyone would think to look for her." Tears start to fill your eyes as you realize that you were going to be sent from the only home you had ever known, away from your friends and loved ones. All of the sudden the door swings open and you look up to see Odin standing tall before you his face void of any emotion.

"_______, it seems you have heard. Please come in, Frigga will help you prepare for your journey." He gives you a slight nod as he brushes past you leaving you standing there frozen with the words you wanted to say would not come out. You look down and staring at the floor see the shadow of Frigga standing before you. You keep your eyes fixed on the ground as she kneels down before you and reaching up gently lifts your chin up so that your (E/C) eyes met her Sapphire ones.

After the death of your own parent's she had taken you in and you had become a handmaiden. She was like a mother to you and now you would have to leave her behind and move to Midgard. "________, dearest child do not cry. You have a great purpose to fulfill even though you may not be aware of it you are destined for greatness. Halt your tears and put on a smile, even though ones heart may be breaking they must never show it." You nod slightly as you take a deep breath and clenching your jaw stop your tears.

"You must promise me that you will strong, you are Asgardian as you are also my daughter." Taking a deep breath you sum up the courage as you say, "I promise Allmother," Frigga forces a smile as she rubs your arms and says, "Let us head to your room to gather your belongings." You nod as she stands and wrapping her arm around your body reluctantly leads you to your room.