t w e n t y - s e v e n

Chandler's P.O.V

"Jessica, we need to talk." I say, nervously fiddling with my fingers. She bites her lip, her eyes searching the room not wanting to land on mine.

"There's nothing to talk about." she whispers.

"Yes there is." I convince. "Something happened at the party, something very big."

"Can we just pretend that we never went to the party? That nothing ever happened?" she asks, finally looking at me in the eye. "Can't we just be happy?"

I look back at her, hope filling her eyes. I didn't want to be the one to destroy that hope, but this isn't what I want. I want Abbie, and she's all I'll ever want. "No, we can't pretend that nothing happened." I answer, and she drops her shoulders in disappointment.

"Do you still like Abbie?" she asks, taking my hand into hers. "Do you?"

I nervously look at her, sweat forming on the palm of my hands. Until I find the courage to admit the truth, I stay silent.

"I don't just like her." I say in a low tone. "I'm in love with her."

The small smile Jessica had drops. And she yanks her hand away from mine. "I'm sorry Jessica. I didn't mean for it to go down this way."

Suddenly she snaps her head up, and looks at me dead in the eye. "Well you know what Chandler? Fuck you!" she yells, giving me the finger. She then gathers her things and walks off.

All eyes turn to me, and I start to think that maybe breaking up with her at school wasn't the best idea. My eyes soon meet with the big blue eyes that I fell for. She stares at me with a worried expression. But I quickly look away, and leave the scenario.

I wasn't feeling it today, so I faked I was sick and went home early. Mom and Dad were working late, and Grayson was at school. So I arrived to an empty house. And that's how it was gonna be for the rest of the day, since Gray is sleeping over at a friends tonight.

I change into some comfortable clothes, then throw myself on my bed. I turn the tv on and just try to keep my mind blank. Which is merely impossible, because all I can think about is Abbie. It seems like lately she's all that's inside my head. And how I "proclaimed my love" to her.

It was stupid actually, getting drunk and saying all of that. But in a way, I'm glad it happened. Because at least now she knows how I feel about her, and hopefully things will change for the better.

I spent the rest of the night eating my sorrows away and watching Netflix. Once it was around six o'clock, it started raining. And it was raining hard. Soon thunder and lighting came up. It surprised me a bit, but I just went back to Netflix.

Maybe I can stay here for the rest of the year? I won't have to face the world ever again. Too bad I have school, and work. Life is so hard.

Ding Dong

The doorbell interrupts my thinking. And I confusedly walk downstairs to the front door. My eyes widen as I open the door to reveal the person behind it.

"Hi Chandler, can I come in?"

_______________________
aaaahhhhhhh

super short!

but hey, double update😏😹

next chapter is better, and i'm quite excited for it!!! tomorrow morning the chapter will be up, pinky promise!

for now, try to guess who is behind the door....comment💖