t w e n t y - s i x

Abbie's P.O.V

"Are you alright Abbie? You haven't touched you're food." Zach asks, a look of concern on his face. Tonight was supposed to be about us. We were supposed to have a romantic dinner and enjoy ourselves. But instead, all I can do is think about Chandler.

All of the things he told me, were they true? Or was it just the alcohol talking? And do I feel the same towards him? Gosh, why does life have to be so confusing?!

"I-I'm fine, just a bit tired." I answer, plunging my fork in my plate. "The food here is delicious." I add, taking a bite out of my dinner.

"Abbie, what's wrong?" he questions. I drop my fork and look at him confused.

"N-Nothing's wrong. Why would you think that?"

"I know you, and I know when you're upset." he explains, intertwining my hands with his. "Please tell me what's wrong."

I take a deep breath before answering. "A few nights ago, I found out something that I wasn't supposed to know." I spill out, causing Zach's eyes to widen.

"You know?" he asks, worry in his voice. My eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Know? Know what?" I ask, causing Zach to nervously scratch the back of his neck. "Zach, what's going on?"

"There's something I've been hiding from you." he finally says, and my heart starts beating a mile a minute. Did he do what I think he did?

"Zach, did you-did you cheat on me?" I stutter, my eyes getting watery. He quickly stands up and gets closer to me.

"No baby, I would never do that to you." he says, wrapping his arms around me. "But, there is something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

He looks down at the ground, squeezing my hand tightly. "I-I'm moving." As soon as those words escaped her mouth, Abbie couldn't help but start breathing quicker.

"You're moving?" Zach sheepishly nods his head. "When?"

"Two weeks, then I'll be in New York."

"New York?!" I exclaim, in a sort of tell. "You're moving to New York and I'm barely finding out about this?" I stand up from my seat, and begin walking out of the restaurant. Zach grasps my arm, not letting me leave.

"Let's talk about this in the car." he says calmly, and I nod my head. After he pays the bill, we walk outside. Once we were both in his car, he starts speaking. "I wanted to tell you, I really did. But telling you would make it so real, and I didn't want to accept that j was actually moving. But now, it's certain. I'm moving in two weeks."

I take a moment to process everything that he just said. After a long moment of silence, I finally speak up. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too." he says, giving me a huge bear hug. "But that doesn't mean we can't make this work." he suggests.

"What?"

"I know it's gonna be hard, but we can do it."

"Are you talking about a long distance relationship?" I question, and he nods.

"We can call, text, and FaceTime everyday. And I can fly over her on holiday break, and maybe you can-"

"Stop it." I cut him off. "You and I both know that isn't going to work. We'll be thousands of miles away from each other. And I don't think we're both ready for that."

"But-"

"Zach, you're gonna have another life in New York. And I'm gonna have my life here. I don't wanna restrain you from the fun that you'll have. It'd be better if we just went our separate ways."

A long silence fills the air. The only think you can hear is the sound of our steady breathing. Zach decides to break the tension after what seems forever. "Then I guess this is it. We're actually breaking up."

"I guess we are."

Without another word, he starts the engine and drives off. After a silent car ride, we arrive at my house. He opens the car door and walks me over to my porch. "Goodbye Abbie." he says, connecting my lips to his.

"Goodbye Zach." I reply as soon as we pull away. He sends me a half smile, then walks back to his car.

__________________________
super sh¡tty chapter, ik ik.

but some excitement is actually brewing up right now.

oh and there may or may not be a double update tonight...so don't forget to vote😏