Chapter 17: Zoey

I had the best sleep ever. My pillow had never been this soft. I snuggled closer against the warmth as it pulls me over. I find something hard beneath me and open my eyes. My pillow doesn't have a skin cover. I open my eyes wide and looked up to see Kade sleeping face.

I then look at our position and jump up from his bed. In doing so I startle him awake.

"What happened?"

Kade looked around and his eyes finally land on mine. His hair is messed up from his sleep and looked really sexy. I had a sudden urge to run my hands over and over again through his hair. Stop it Zoey! I chidded myself. His rainy scent enveloped around me like a coccoon ptoviding warmth.

"I-I-

I started stuttering while blushing but then decided to just not let my stupid mouth ruin it even more. I grew puzzled as I heard laughter and frowned not liking it one bit. My heart thudded hard in my chest and Swavannah whined inside.

"Oh Zoey you returned from the club a bit tipsy. I just helped you sleep. We did nothing else," Kade said.

My face turned even more red if that was possible and I mentally hit myself on the head. I mean who in their right minds would even like me enough to have me you know?

"And I don't take advantage of someone," Kade said.

I looked up from my own musings to see that he was serious. Very serious. I searched his eyes and expression but nothing gave away which told me he was lying.

"What actually happened?" I asked.
"You don't remember?" Kade asked.
"Nope," I shook my head.
"Well you came to me in my office and then fell down on the couch. So I took you up here," Kade motioned towards his room.
"That's all that happened?" I asked.
"You don't trust me?" He asked.

I could see the hurt in his eyes and silently berated myself for doubting him.

"Sorry I didn't mean it like that. I will just go and prepare breakfast."

With that I quickly scurried out of his room and ran smack into Paisley. Oh no. I didn't want another confrontation with her.

"Sorry," I muttered,

I was about to make a quick haste when I was pulled back by my arm. I turned around to face an angry looking Paisley. Shit.

"Why do you smell like Kade?" Paisley growled.
"I was cleaning his room," I said.

Really? Cleaning his room? That was the best you could come up with Zoey? You actually don't have any brains! I chidded myself again.

"Cleaning? When he's asleep? Who do you think you are trying to fool?" Paisley demanded.

She was twisting my arm way to hard and I winced. My skin was still tender at places my arms being one of them.

"Paisley you are hurting me!" I gasped, trying to wrench my arm away.
"I am going to do more than hurt you," Paisley sneered.

The door to Kade's room opened and he stepped out. It was obvious he was listening in on our conversation because he was still in only his boxers. Did I mention before that Kade was only wearing his boxers? Yeah.

"You bitch! What did you do with my mate?" Paisley shook me hard.
"Nothing! I would never do anything with anyone let alone my alpha!" I exclaimed.
"Or maybe you are just a power hungry whore!" She scowled.
"Enough Paisley!" Kade growled, yanking her away from me.
"Why are you taking her side?" She whined.
"Because nothing happened ok!" Kade exclaimed.
"But you are naked! And she was with you! Your scent is enveloped all around her!" She yelled.
"Enough! Zoey go downstairs and make breakfast. Paisley come with me!"

Paisley opened her mouth to argue but Kade had already pulled her away from me and into his room. I quickly hurried to my room to change into a fresh pair of clothes and hurried to the kitchen. Only to see some pack members already at the table eating breakfast. A few mothers with their kids were there as well.

"You could have awoken me up," I said, feeling ashamed all of a sudden.
"We are used to doing our own work," A woman said smiling.
"I still feel bad," I said, starting today's breakfast.
"You should be our luna," a man said.

I looked over at him in surprise and blushed at his compliment.

"Well Paisley's not bad either," I defended Kade's mate.
"We heard what went on this morning," another guy said.

I blushed a scarlet shade of red and looked down at my feet. Oh my god. Of course they heard what went on this morning. How stupid could I be?

"You don't need to be embarrassed dear," the woman said.
"Yeah we know Kade would wait for his mate however long he needs," the first guy said.
"And he would never take advantage of another," the third guy added.

They had so much faith in their alpha that it made me question my own previous pack. There were so differences that I was surprised out Alpha had stood out amongst them still on top.

"Thanks," I muttered.

I set about making breakfast listening to the conversations going on when there was a sudden silence. I looked around to see the source of the silence and saw that Paisley and Kade had made their way here. The atmosphere shifted slightly towards awkward and I willed somebody in my own brain to talk. I hated awkward silences.

"I am sorry," Paisley said.

I blinked my eyes and stared at Paisley. Was she actually apologizing to me?

"We didn't hear you," the first guy smirked.
"I wasn't talking to you," Paisley snapped.

Kade placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry," she said softly.
"It's ok. Why don't you sit down and I will serve you breakfast?" I asked, trying to brighten the mood.

After the breakfast incidence Julia and I were in her room feeling completely bored.

"What did you do all day at your previous pack?" Julia asked.
"I didn't had much time to think about what to do at my old pack," I said.
"Tell me about your family," she said.
"You already know all about it," I said.
"You never want to talk to them?" She asked.
"The thought had crossed my mind more than once," I admitted.
"Then let's do it," she said, standing up.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Let's call your old pack!" Julia's eyes gleemed with excitement.
"No!" I shook my head.
"Come on it will be fun!" She pouted, making me sigh.
"Fine."

I just hoped there wasn't going to be trouble for me.

I know I know. It's too boring😕 but I wanted to update so you could say it's a filter chapter and cross my fingers in hopes you like it!🤗

Please vote and comment🤗❤

Chocolate-Lover93