Chapter 7: Zoey

I was lying on the hospital bed getting my injured side tended to. Julia was sitting beside my bed with a worried look on her face.

"Hey. It wasn't your fault," I said, trying to chear her up.
"I was the one who insisted you should go to the training fields," Julia said.
"And I was the one who agreed to go there," I said, wincing as the nurse stitched up my side.

The door slammed open and Kade strode in; his expression stormy and posture exudating power. Swannah whined and bowed her head inside my mind. It had been a long time since she had been in her own body. I hadn't been able to shift much back home. I knew it was going to hurt once I did shift.

"Everybody out," Kade snapped.

I flinched from his tone. His anger reminded me of Mason. But Mason was a boy compared to Kade.

"Alpha I am still stitching her side. He managed to get his whole paw in," the nurse said.
"I said everybody out," Kade growled.

I shivered at the look he gave me. His eyes were so dark; they were scaring me. He was scaring me.

"Yes Alpha," the nurse bowed and left.

I turned towards Julia and silently pleaded with her to not go but she just gave me a sympathetic look before closing the room door. Instead of going to the emergency ward I had been shifted to the private room. So it was only Kade and me there with no prying eyes or ears.

"Why did you go there?" Kade finally spoke.
"I wanted to see the battle field. And maybe participate," I said, biting my lip.
"Did Julia or Chris said that to you?" He asked.
"No and even if they did I went there of my own free will. I could have said no," I pointed out.
"You shouldn't have come to me," he said, sitting down beside me on the chair.
"I didn't want you to kill him," I muttered.
"My wolf doesn't think twice when it comes to protecting the ones he like," he said.

I turned to look at him then. Bits of sweat were still prominent on his forehead and his hair were messy from the fight. Other than that he was perfectly fine. We stared at each other in that room and something changed in that instant. I could feel my heart starting to beat wildly inside my chest as my eyes were drawn to his lips.

I had never thought about a boy like this before. I couldn't bring myself to move my eyes somewhere else. It was as if a magnet was pulling us towards each other. When I blinked our lips were close. So close that if we moved even closer our lips would connect.

There was complete and uttet silence in the room. With only the sound of our heartbeat. Kade's eyes flickered to my lips making me bite my lower lip. He gave a low growling noise at the back of his throat. And the next thing we knew; our lips had connected.

It was the first kiss of my life. All thoughts of mates and waiting for my mate disappeared as I was kissed. His lips were so experienced! At first I was hesitant but then following his lead I kissed him back. Kade growled low in his throat and I felt my skin prickle and knew there would be goosebumps.

I just had to close my eyes to savour the kiss when it stopped. I felt an empty feeling inside me. Then reality set in and I shook my head. I was imagining the scenario. Lying useless in the hospital bed had made me hallucinate. Why would a guy like Kade kiss me in the first place? That was just ridiculous. He had the looks and the title. Why would he want someone like me? I was a nobody. An ordinary girl.

"Hey! Hey! Come back girl!"

I blinked my eyes and looked at Julia as she raised her hands in front of my face.

"Sory I was thinking," I blushed.
"About what?" Julia asked.

Why your brother would want yo kiss me. And I actually believed he kissed me. Of course I difn't say that oit loud. Julia would just think me to be a freak.

"I was just thinking that I would get bored with no work to do," I lied.
"Oh you don't have to worry about that," Julia said.
"Why?" I asked.
"I would give you company. If not then I am sure Kade wouldn't mind giving you company," she winked.
"Oh come on Julia. Kade is an Alpha. He has to look after all the pack. He can't come and babysit me all the time," I said.
"Oh we will figure something out. But the best thing is that you are getting out of this stinky place!" She explained.

I giggled at her remark.

"Yeah that's great," I agreed.
"So we are going to celebrate," Julia said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Duh. You are to the door of recovery!" She exclaimed.
"But according to nurse Amanda I have to rest for a whole week which I am finding difficult already," I frowned.
"Don't be such a party pooper. I am sure you wouln't mind when Kade comes along will you?" She winked at me.
"What does your brother and my Alpha got to do with my decision?" I raised my eyebrows.
"You like my brother," she said.
"Pfft. No. He just saved me from my old pack. Which is a mystery as to why he agreed," I said.
"See? I know Kade likes you," she said.
"Anyways when am I leaving?" I asked, changing the subject.
"Chris is coming in a few minutes and then we will go for some lunch," she said.

I nodded and got up with help from Julia to get ready.

"You also need to go shopping," Julia said, once she saw the clothes I had.
"Why? I don't need anything," I said.
"Yes you do. You don't need to wear crappy clothes all the time. We need to plan a whole day of shopping," she said.

I didn't say anything and got ready as we waited for Chris who came a few minutes later.

"How are you Zoey?" Chris asked.
"Much better," I smiled.
"You need to buy us lunch," Julia said.
"Why?" He asked.
"Because both Zoey and I are hungry," she said.
"Can we hunt? As in wolf form?" I asked.

Swannah grew excited and started thumping her tail.

"Of course. You don't need to aak permission for that," Chris said.
"Great we can hunt in wolf form. But won't that hurt your injured side?" Julia said.

Both mine and Swannah's excitement started to fade at that. It had been a whilr since I had shifted so the shift itself would be painful. And with my injured side it would be more so.

"I don't think I can shift right now anyway," I sighed.
"Well then Chris is taking us out for lunch. You can invite Melissa as well," she offered.
"Yes the more girls the better," I smiled.

Chris's eyes turned white as he mindlinked his mate. It was almost scary watching a person mindlink. It was as if you were watching a zombie instead of a normal person. A second later he returned to normal and smiled at us.

"Melissa said that she would have loved to come but she's busy today," Chris said.
"Oh that's ok. Maybe some other time," I said.

The three of us walked out of the hospital after signing some papers and headed towards the main town where the restaurants were located.

Sorry it's a short chapter but I have exams coming up next week and I'm buried in books :( I will try to update on time but I don't know if that will be possible. I hope you like this chapter enough to vote and comment! 🤗

Don't forget to vote and comment!❤🤗

Chocolate-Lover93