Chapter 4: Kade

I had some guests arriving today to discuss pack business. They were some top notch guests and I didn't know how to clean up the entire office. I wanted to leave a damn good impression on them. I was trying to figure out how to manage the cluster on my desk when Zoey came in. The Inclusio night was tomorrow and I had already informed the pack through the mind link.

"Need help?" Zoey asked.
"No thanks. I am perfectly capable of doing the work myself!" I huffed angrily.

I didn't need anybody's help. I was an Alpha and we did our own work by ourselves.

"I think you need help," Zoey said.

Before I could protest, She had vanished through the door only to come back with a dusting cloth and broom.

"At what time are the guests arriving?" Zoey asked.

I just stood there beside my desk for a minute trying to figure out who Zoey actually was. And how did she knew I had guests arriving?

"How do you know?" I finally asked.
"I am a wolf too, you know. In case you have forgotten," Zoey said.
"At 12. They will be having lunch here," I said.
"Shit. Why the hell didn't you tell me sooner? Do you always do things last minute?" She asked, pausing in her cleaning.
"Mind your own business," I scowled.
"I am minding my own business. What are you going to do about the lunch?" She asked.
"Take them out," I shrugged.
"And who might they be?" She asked.
"The Slayers," I said.
"And you are taking them out for lunch?" Her voice raised as she panicked.

The Slayers were the high ranked wolves chosen by the packs to maintain peace and harmony within the werewolf world. They were exactly like enforcers but with a bit more brutality than needed. I kind of could understand Zoey's panic.

"Chill. They are used to it," I rolled my eyes.
"You don't speak to them that way!" Zoey argued.
"I can speak anyway I want. You are not my dictator," I glowered at her.
"There's so much I need to get done!" She mumbled to herself completely ignoring me.

Marching up to her, I grabbed her arm and pulled her around to face me.

"What?" Zoey snapped.
"Watch who you are talking to!" I growled loudly.

Her eyes widened at my tone and she immediately lowered her head. I felt a tad bit bad for shouting at her but I can't help it. I get angry very easily.

"Sorry Alpha," Zoey whispered, but I was able to catch what she said.
"No I am sorry. You are only trying to help. I tend to get angry a lot. You can ask Julia," I said, removing my hand from her arm.
"It's ok. What should I make for lunch?" She asked.
"I dunno," I shrugged.
"Is it ok if I make roasted chicken, rice, some veges, oh and pasta or lasagnia if they like it. Of course, I can make appetizers and salads for the first course. Drinks too," she said.
"And how can you make this in two hours?" I asked, as she thought out loud.
"I hosted large dinners at my previous pack alone. This would be a feet compared to those dinners," she said.
"You won't have to work alone. I will send Julia down to help you," I said.
"Oh no. I am perfectly capable of doing my work myself," she said.

I felt a sense of deja vu at those words.

"You need to accept others help," I said.

I felt such a hypocrite saying this.

"Then you need to accept that just because you are a wolf of a higher status doesn't mean that you need to do all the work by yourself," Zoey said.

To that I had no good retort and for the next hour or so Zoey and I finished cleaning my office. I went upstairs to my room to change as she went to the kitchen to start making lunch. My muscles seemed stiff and sore from all the work and the cold water felt marvelous on my skin.