You Met Him on the Phone-Part 2

You were sitting on your bed Indian style with your right hand nervously playing with your hair and your eyes locked on the phone that was placed in front of you. You were waiting for it to ring. 'C'mon, c'mon! Ah when is he gonna call? Is he even gonna call me?' you see now... your head was a complete mess and you couldn't even get a straight answer to why was that so.

 Here's the situation: you're looking at your phone and impatiently waiting for Jack to call you like he's been doing every night for 3 weeks and at the same time you're thinking, trying to figure out why do you want him to call you so badly and why do you find such pleasure in talking to this stranger? Well, it wasn't fair to say he was a complete stranger to you... On the one hand, the two of you have been talking so much and about pretty much everything so you felt so connected to him and like you really know him, and on the other hand, you've never even seen him! But then again he was Glenda's friend and she was close to your family so you suppose this should make him less stranger, if this makes any sense. But there was one thing that made absolutely no sense to you and no matter how much thinking you've been doing, you always hit dead end - why were you so drawn to him? What was it that pulled you so strongly towards a man you've never even seen? Every morning you would wake up only to wait for the sun to set so that you can talk to him. You would brush your teeth and think 'Is he still sleeping now?'. You would have breakfast and think 'Does he eat in the morning or is he one of those persons who skip breakfast?'. You would be at college and think how long your lessons are and you would constantly look at your watch and think that time has stopped and the sun doesn't want to go away. You pretty much turned into a vampire - you love the night! He told you that he's very busy with his work and can, therefore, only talk at night. He would usually call you around 8, 9, sometimes 10 or 11 and you'd talk for hours.

RING*RING*RING

'It's him, it's him!' you literally took the phone in your hand the same second as it rung. Oh wait! No, you can't pick up immediately. What was he going to think? That you sit all evening with the phone in your hand, waiting for his call? Well, that was a true story but you didn't want to let him know that. So you waited for the phone to ring a few times, straightened your back, fixed your voice and picked up.

YN: "Hi!" you tried to play it cool.
Jack: "Hiiii, YN, how are you feeling, girl?" you could feel in his voice he was happy to hear you.
YN: "I'm great, thank you. How are you?" you loved it when he called you girl. So much for playing cool. Now you had a big smile on your face and your voice became like happy Christmas bells. There was no way you can hide it.
Jack: "I'm fine but I'm kinda tired. I've been working aaall day! I just got home..."
YN: "You just got home?" you were surprised because it was around 9pm. This meant he's been really working like ALL day long.
Jack: "Yeah."
YN: "By the way, you never told me anything about your job... what do you do?"
Jack: "Ahmm, well I.... you know ..." you felt he got nerves. Maybe you shouldn't have asked that. "I ahh... do things for one entertainer..."
YN: "Really? So you're in the show business?" you asked with excitement.
Jack: "Yes, I am."
YN: "So, who is it?"
Jack: "Who's what?"
YN: "Who's the entertainer that you're working for?"
Jack: "Ohh that... well it's ah ..." he paused, then courageously said "Michael Jackson."
YN: "Michael Jackson? You working for MICHAEL JACKSON?" your jaw dropped. "OMG! I can't believe it, this must be awesome?!" your voice went even higher from the excitement.
Jack: "Well, I guess it should be..." was there something sad in his voice or were you simply too excited?
YN: "Oh boy, I read like two days ago in this paper something about him being all weird and sleeping in some kind of oxygen chamber!" he paused, then all of a sudden said:
Jack: "Do you believe that, girl?"
YN: "Believe what?" your head was a hot mess right now and it seemed like you had hard time understanding his words so you asked.
Jack: "The oxygen chamber story and all those... stuff they're saying about m- ah h-him?"
YN: "Not really. No. 'Cause I know how the media is and how they like to "spice up" their stories and even manipulate. But even if it were true, I don't care and I don't wanna judge! People like to judge people and talk about them in a nasty way but I believe there is only one judge in this world and it is God. Only he can judge, ya know? I-I am no one to do that... I myself don't want to be judged and that's why I don't do it, see?" you were very passionate when it came to a few topics and one of them was judging people because you've been there before and you know how it feels. He didn't say anything so you jumped in "Am I right? Do you agree with me?"
Jack: "Yes.." he's yes was almost inaudible.
YN: "I mean, let the man do what he wants and if sleeping in oxygen chamber makes him feel good then that's what he should do!" silence followed for a minute until he dryly said:
Jack: "YN, I have to hang up. I'll call you back soon."
YN: "Sure." you said and as your lips were beginning to form the word 'bye' he hung up.