6. The Fail of the Century or Acts of Genius

I didn't know what I was expecting Ryan to wear to this party... but it definitely wasn't the get up he had on when he appeared from behind the door. The boy had tight black jeans on that made my mouth dry, a well fitting black and white stripped shirt, and simple black cardigan. The outfit was enough to send me into cardiac arrest, but once he hopped into the passenger seat and we made eye contact, I was sure he'd put me on my death bed.

Ryan's beautiful eyes were lined with black eye make up and it made me weak in the knees... and here I am in a pair of blue jeans and a white tee shirt. "What..?" Ryan asks, eyes wide. "Do I look stupid? I do, don't I?"

"No!" I yelp. "No, um... you look amazing." A soft smile forms on his lips and the boy leans over to kiss my cheek. Man, I really hope he makes this a regular form of greeting.

"Thank you. You look great too." And with that we head towards the Wentz house. Pete Wentz is the captain of the soccer team, as well as the band president. It's no surprise that the boys, plus Eden were invited. They're into this stuff. Me, on the other hand... well I'm just that guy that everyone wants to be but also wants to run from at the same time.

I had no idea where to park so being the 'I don't give a fuck' type of rebel that I am, I roll my baby right into the front yard. "Brendon! What the hell are you doing?!" Ryan yells, a hand bracing the roof of the car.

"Whatever the hell I want!" I laugh, feeling a rush of confidence suddenly wash over me. This is what I do best! I forgot in all my infatuation that my true calling is intimidation! I let out another hearty laugh and crush my lips to Ryan's. I hear his audible gasp and satisfaction burns within me. "Let's go Kitten. It's time to party."

I practically leap out of the car and round the front to let Ryan out. Like a prince. I smile to myself and grab his hand. "You're nuts." Ryan sighs, shaking his head. "Absolutely nuts."

We hurry into the the house that has music blaring from every speaker and system. Eden finds us first and she lets out a squeal, hugging me tightly. Alex is close to her side and he nods at me once. Ryan's eyes are glued to the man, yet again.

Subtly, (it's my middle name) I slide a hand into Ryan's back pocket which gives me the desired effect. The boys eyes snap to me, a look of shock on his face. "Bren." He hisses.

"Hm?" I raise my eyebrows, a playful smirk on my lips. "What's wrong Kitten?" A low chuckle rumbles in my chest and I lean down to whisper in his ear. "Don't want me touching you around your precious Alex." The words come out with a hint of venom, it was my intention, and I slip out of Ryan's space silently.

That'll teach him, hm?

***

I take another long slug from the bottle in my hands. So much for my awesome plan.

I watch moodily as Ryan's smiles at the man in front of him, long arms dangling loosely around his neck. Alex's hands are resting on Ryan's thin waist and he leans forward, whispering words into the smaller boy's ear.

Ryan giggles and blushes.

Fuckin' hate that Alex asshole.

Hands off Britt boy.

"What's goin' on, B?" Spencer's voice chimes like beautiful bells in my ears as he drops next to me on the couch. I roll my eyes and Spencer's gaze follows mine to see the happy pair dancing the night away. "Ooo.... That's no good."

"Fucker thinks he can just waltz in here and steal my fucking boyfriend. I'm gonna dump a pot of scolding hot tea on his foreign ass and toss some biscuits in for good measure." I growl angrily, grip tightening on the neck of the bottle.

Stupid fucking fuck-

"I can not believe those words just came out of your mouth." Eden's now sitting on the other side of me, her legs falling gracefully into my lap. "You do realize that Alex doesn't see Ry like that?"

"And Ryan is also your fake boyfriend so..." Spencer reminds me of the devastating truth that I continue to hear over and over again.

Ryan is my fake boyfriend.

It's all just a game to him.

And that's just not gonna fly anymore.

I jump to my feet and feel my two best friends watching me stomp over to the couple. They don't try to stop me. Please, what I'm about to do is nothing compared to some of the shit I've done.

I find myself at their side, sliding a hand on to Ryan's hip. Using my whole body, I squirm myself between him and Alex and cup Ryan's soft cheek. "I miss you Kitten." I say softly before leaning to the boy and kissing him in the most romantic, I hope, way possible. I hear a soft 'oh' from Ryan, a very confused 'um..' from Alex, and proud claps and yelps from the two fools I call my best friends.

As Ryan is over the initial shock of my assault, I feel his hands sliding up my chest to stay comfortably on my neck. We break apart shortly after but he doesn't go far. No, I've got him right where I want him.

"Dance with me." I whisper, my forehead touching Ryan's. I watch his beautiful eyes cautiously.

"Okay." And I smile happily as a familiar tune I recognize as Headrest for my Soul comes on over the speakers. The slow song rattles my entire being as I sway with Ryan. My chest is tight and I swear I'm not holding my breath.

It was never meant to be like this...

I never wanted to end up in this position. This position where I'm falling in love with Ryan as we speak and I can't deny it. I want him for myself and that's all.

"What are you doing to me, Ryan Ross?" I ask quietly, not really meaning for anyone to hear it.

"I'm breaking down your walls." Ryan responds, his head in the crook of my neck. The words feel like just as much of a confession as my own.

That your are, Ryan. That you are.