Chapter 14

Friday September 7th 2012

Present time.....

James' tongue tasted like chocolate as he pressed his lips farther into mine.

Yum, chocolate... I deepened the kiss, kicking away my previous intentions of telling him to go screw himself. How could I tell him to go away when he tasted like chocolate?

I don't turn away chocolate, not ever!

He lowered me back onto the ground and my shoes crunched against a texture that wasn't there before. I pulled back slightly; the aroma of chocolate was too much for me to handle without biting him. As I stared into his beautiful green eyes my shoes made crunching noises.

What am I standing on?

I glanced down and blinked in shock. Potato chips covered every inch of the school's front terrace. I glanced up in confusion.

"What's all of this?" I asked, incredibly confused.

All of a sudden, James' mouth was covered in smudges of melted chocolate as he gazed at me lovingly. "Baby, I did it for you!" he exclaimed like he was lovesick.

I gazed at the yellow texture covering the entire terrace then back up to him. "You did this for me?"

He nodded sweetly. "I know you love chips, my love. I did it to prove my devotion to you!"

"I do love chips!" I replied bewildered.

"And chocolate!" He purred seductively.

"I love chocolate too!" I gushed, about to swoon.

"Baby, I know!" He growled sexily and grabbed my waist, bending into me to press his chocolate-covered mouth onto mine passionately – letting me taste chocolate like I'd never tasted chocolate before.

Beep! Beep!

The noise rang loudly from the sky. James pulled back and stared deep in my eyes. I blinked a few times; his entire face was covered in chocolate.

"You like what you see, Fireball?" he purred.

My eyes jerked open.

Beep! Beep!

What?

I blinked a few times, taking several moments to realize where I was. I glanced up at my ceiling.

I'm still in bed!

I had dreamt the entire weekend went by in a flash and I met up with James on the terrace before school started.

How could I not know it was a dream?

Idiot!

I took a deep breath and wiped chip crumbs off my shirt. My hands shuffled around my bed until they felt my phone resting beside my pillow. I wiped any grease left on my hands on my sweaty green shirt then tapped on the message.

New message from: Jenna!

Jenna: So I've been thinking......

I read the short, vague message again before I texted back:

Annabelle: What do u mean you've been thinking? That's usually not a good thing...

I grabbed my nearly finished pop from my side table, it was slightly warm but I downed it anyways. The chocolate and potato chip combination had made me thirsty. I tucked the empty can behind my dresser as I waited for Jenna to explain her cryptic message.

My phone beeped.

Jenna: What! Between u and I, I'm obviously the brains! Anyways.....I got me an idea!

As I read the message, the doorbell rang.

Who could that be?

In the middle of typing a response to her, three knocks on my door caught me off guard. I flew off my bed, grabbing the half-eaten bag of chips.

"Just a minute!" I yelled frantically as I tucked the bag underneath my bed. Thank goodness the rest of my supply was safe in my bag, which I had stored in the closet. I had no worries about my drinks going warm or my chocolate melting, the air conditioning was always on high – the energy bill must be ridiculous.

Before opening the door, I wiped the edges of my mouth, hoping to eliminate any remnants of evidence. I wasn't in the mood for an interrogation.

Just make sure to stand at least two meters away if it's Mom, otherwise she'll smell it on your breath! I reminded myself before twisting the knob and opening the door.

I blinked in surprise.

Jenna?

"What are you doing here?" I muttered, confused at the sight of my best friend leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

She pushed off the wall and strode into my room.
"What are you doing here?" I asked her bewilderedly as she crossed the doorway.

"Like I said, I've been thinking," she exclaimed stopping in front of my bed, examining it for a second before looking back up at me.

"Thinking about what?" I asked hesitantly.

A smile slowly broke across her face as her eyes narrowed in on me.

"Feel like going to a party?"

********************

Follow Annabelle's story in The Truth About James (Y.A Series Book 2)