Chapter 9

Warm skin caressed my neck as I lay on my side.

I felt a strange buzz slide along my body from head to toe as his arms encircled my waist. He leaned into my neck even more, pressing his lips beneath my ear.

His tongue slipped out and licked my skin as he continued to kiss, savoring every inch of that tender spot. My eyelids closed as my head leaned back, embracing the mind altering ecstasy of his touch, a touch that my body welcomed eagerly – desperately.

My God! A hum reverberated deep within me as I felt an amazing sensation crawl over every inch of my skin.

Some parts more than others.

Jesus, what am I doing?

His kisses were creating a trail from my ear to the base of my neck. My eyes popped open and I tilted my head to the side to allow him easier access around my neck. Heat steamed between us as he shifted to allow me to move my arms around his waist.

Trust him?

I grinned, remembering what he'd said back in the car. If only I knew what he was thinking, would I have willingly gone along with him?

I ignored the question.

It didn't matter anymore, the decision was already made and my body, mind, and soul were experiencing the highlights of that decision.

I needed this, the touch of someone who cared for me enough to want me to feel like this.

Lately, the world hadn't been interested in what makes me happy. Mom and Dad, Charles and Katherine were only interested in their own happiness, despite how it made me feel.

I remembered walking out this morning, finally having had enough of their selfishness, of their willingness to do whatever they wanted when it came to their bright ideas.

It felt good – too good – to finally allow myself to embrace what being selfish was all about.

Here I was, lying on James' bed, in his room, all alone, while his parents were away with his half-brother and half-sister.

When he'd pulled into the driveway of his house and turned the car off, he'd informed me that his entire family was out doing their version of summer fun. Meaning they wouldn't be back until nightfall.

Oh shit! I'd worried at the thought of being alone with James in his house. What were his expectations, did he want to do more than kiss? And what were we exactly? I knew one thing: I wasn't going to act like some booty call for him.

You're a virgin; you're a long way from a booty call! I'd reminded myself and laughed. I convinced myself to go in anyways and if I got to a point where I was uncomfortable, I'd simply kick him in the balls and leave.

Done!

I laughed, remembering what I'd planned to do to him in case he crossed any imaginary line. At the same time I realized how close my knees actually were to his balls. Very close.

"What's so funny?" James murmured into my skin, not bothering to stop his task of tasting my neck.

I tightened my arms around his waist, pulling further into his hold.

"It's nothing," I muttered as I pulled myself up to his neck and kissed along his jaw line.

He moaned softly as I rolled my tongue across his skin, I could feel his body shiver in response.

"You like that?" I did my best to sound seductive. I had no idea what I was doing or whether I was doing it right, all I knew was my body approved whole-heartedly with these things I was doing to him.