Circles

After lunch, we cleaned everything and the children led me to their rooms, one by one showing me everything and telling me about themselves. I would ask them questions that would help me get back in to the routine I created. I wanted to enjoy this life, it was something I always wanted a bit or normality for once but I could not help shaking the feeling that something was off; didn't match up.

“Mommy, can I stay with you tonight?” Maria asked I was helping her get ready for bed.

“Sure, I don’t see why not, sweetie.” I smiled fixing the shirt of the princess pajama’s she wore before standing up and heading to the boys' room to say goodnight.

By six in the next morning I was up, making breakfast and helping the children get ready for school. By seven-forty, everyone was ready and with a kiss, I sent the children and Ashton off. Watching as they got in to the car and waved goodbye I smiled before heading back inside and closing the door behind me. I decided to explore the house seeing as I had no memory of any of this place, which I realized was too perfect.

Looking around I found pictures with all of us together, some before my stomach became large, some with the two boys and the baby girl in my arms. The pictures showed different stages of my parenthood; pregnant with the eldest then in another the eldest looked around four while I was pregnant with the second and so on. Walking around I looked through doors that led in to different room. Finally I came to an office and walked in, I looked around and figured out this place belonged to me. The desktop computer was black matching the black desk it sat on. I took a seat before turning the desktop on. After a moment, I was greeted by a welcome screen before I clicked on the only account there, causing it to automatically let me in.

"That's strange, I always put passwords on my things, speaking of things, where is my cell phone?" I muttered looking around the desk just as the desktop opened up revealing a picture of all three children with Ashton and me, smiling.

"Okay, I of all people would be ecstatic to finally have children, but putting their picture up everywhere, it looks desperate, and more like someone is trying to convince someone about this family." I muttered to myself as I looked at the faces on the computer screen then at the small array of pictures on the desk.

I browsed around the computer trying to find anything that would show me how unreal this place is. I loved being a mother but something about this place bothered me and I didn't like it, not only the fact that my wolf was gone but also the fact that I worked at home as a writer, of all things. I was always more of a reader than a writer and to top it off I preferred the horror romance books, the book here that I was apparently in the process of writing was about a woman seduced by an incubus.

"This is about incubi, why would I be writing about those creatures? I know little to nothing about them; maybe I should call Nivea and see if she can help me out with things." I clasped my hands together and the thought.

I stood up from the computer and looked around the office for a moment. There was no phone here. I stepped out of the office and began searching the house and coming up with nothing. It is impossible to live in this day and age- age, now that I thought about it, how old am I, what year is this? All those thoughts ran through my head as I changed course and decided to look back at the computer. Upstairs the computer's date was this year; I found that odd, seeing as Adam was around twelve, we'd have to be a couple years ahead with his age. There was something off about this place, I want to believe this is my life but it doesn't seem right.

I left the office and looking around more until I came to a locked door. Pulling the hairpin out of my hair, I tried to open it like I saw in movies and what do you know it works. The door opened revealing a more manly office. There were pictures of me there and the children but mostly me. I noticed that in the corner of the room there was something leaning against the wall with a sheet over it. I made my way over to it and laid my hand on the sheet-