Chapter sixteen

"I have a knife on me" he nodded. Maybe we can hunt with it or something.

"We have to move south and we will have to sleep in the trees at night"

"Okay"

-

We have been walking for hours and I am getting thirsty. We just stopped at a lake. It's is quite dark out I guess we have to rest now.

"Do you want to rest now" Alex asked me before I can ask him.

"Yes but I'm thirsty" he nodded. He picked up a leaf, folded it and started putting it in the water. He gave me the leaf of water. I thanked him and started drinking it greedy.

We walked walk from the lake and started walking a couple feet away from the lake to a huge oak tree.

"You want to sleep here" I nodded. I climbed the tree and made sure I'm not to high or to low.

I woke up panting from my nightmare. It was when I was living in the kingdom . My throat was very dry I climbed down the tree and landed softly on the grass not to wake up Alex. Alex slept on the same tree but on a different side.

I walked to the lake and cupped my hands and started drinking the water. After drinking I washed my face. I felt sticky from all the sweat but I will not wash my self in the lake if Alex is here.

Right when I got up I heard a slow growl Be Hide me. I turned around and saw gentle emerald eyes sit rooted within the creature's long, bony skull.

Several small crystal growths sit atop its head, just above its short, cat-like ears.

Its nose is round and has two thin, curved nostrils and there's a small crystal growth on its chin.

A few large teeth poke out from the side of its mouth. A muscular neck runs down from its head and into a long body. The body is covered in warped in black scales.

Two muscular limbs carry its body and allow the creature to stand proud and elegantly.

Each limb has 6 digits, each of which end in huge claws.

Giant wings grow starting from its shoulders and end at its hips. The wings are almost bat-like, bone structures are clearly visible through the thin layer of skin and armor-like scales grow on top of the wing's primary bones.

Its flat tail ends in a single tendril and is covered in the same warped scales as its body. It look terrifying but I wasn't afraid of it.

I looked into its emerald eyes. I felt energy like when i made the fire ball. Maybe this is the bond? Could this be my dragon. It growled lowly. I know it noticed that I was his/hers rider.

"Hello my name is Annabelle" I said gently so I don't anger it in anyway. I slowly made my way to him. He growled softly each time I have gotten closer.

"Hey it's okay I won't hurt you" I said softly. I gently brushed my finger tips on his snout. He sneezed loudly in fact. I giggled. Am I supposed to name it or does it already have a name. I laughed nervously. I looked around to see if anyone is near. I looked over at the tree and Alex is still asleep.

"Am I supposed to name you" the dragon purred as I scratched his chin.

"Red" I said nervously. He growled loudly. I guess he doesn't like that name. I chucked lightly. I was thinking deeply until I thought a perfect name for him.

"I'll call you blaze" just like my fake last name. I laughed out loud.

"Anna what are you doing" I turned around and saw Alex staring at me with disbelief.

"Uh this is my dragon blaze" blaze growled loudly as Alex came near me.

"A-re you sure" he looked a little pale. Vellath is still sleeping under the tree resting after the bad fall.

"Are you okay Alex" he gulped loudly.
He sighed and stopped walking towards me.

"Anna Black dragons like him or her are very rare" I frowned at his statement. I looked back at blaze and saw him already staring at me. I smiled widely and hugged him. He lifted his wing and wrapped it around me protectively.

He laid down on the grass and laid his gigantic head on to his little arms or paws. He sighed in deeply. I yawned loudly as I became more tired.

"I-m going to go to sleep" he said still with a shock expression. I nodded. I tried to get up but blazes wing held on me tighter. I giggled at his action. He growled softly.

"Alright alright"  I think it's pretty crazy that I'm snuggling with a dragon that I just met and soon let the darkness consume me.