Chapter ten

(a/n: Annabelle's Bed)

"Oh I'll show you and you forgot your backpack in the tree so I got it for you and put it in your room" She says as she walks up the stairwell.

"Thank you very much" She opens a dark wooden door, I look inside. A massive white canopy bed with oak wood post sat in the middle of the room. There were two oak wood work tables on each side. A wooden dresser and a wardrobe.

"You have a bathroom in here too" Ingrid says smiling, I smile back at her. I take out the sack of gold that April gave me. I take out about four gold coins and give it to her.

"Here this is for your hospitality" I saw the bathroom when I walked more in the room. I lay my bag on the queen sized bed and sat down lazily. She gasps in shock and disbelief.

"I cannot take this Anna" holding her hand out with the coins in them. I shake my head.

"Yes you will and sorry no take backs" I giggle as she rolls her eyes.

"Alrightttt now go take a shower and once your finish, dinner will served" She demands playfully. She closes the door, I can hear her walk down the stairs quietly.

After my shower I dressed in my nightgown (a/n: Picture above)
I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. Ingrid stood there cooking dinner. A sweet aroma fills the air, I breath in the sweet smell and sigh delightfully.

"Hello Anna dinner is going to be ready soon" She says distracted, She looks very busy so I decided to help out.

"Here let me help" I say, she nods and gives me a bag of carrots and a sharp long knife.

"Cut the carrots then the cucumbers" She says giving me two cucumbers. I start cutting the carrots in comfortable silence.

"So do you just stay at home?" I don't know if she had a job or if what he Said  was true that woman just only stay at home.

"No  I am one of the few woman who work around here. I make dresses or stitch them right up if there is a rip"

"Do you get a lot of gold out of making dresses?" She nods stiffly. She takes my carrots and put them in a metal pot.

"Where's Eleanor?" She asks as she mixed the carrots with whatever is in the pot.

"I left her at the tavern, Sorry there was a discussion and I got mad" I say shamefully.

"What are we having if you don't mind me asking" I add on not able to hold on my hunger demons.

"Stew and what about" She asks curiously. 

"Her husband and mates said that woman can't be hunters so I Made a bet if I shoot the arrow right into the center of a bullseye That I can go hunting with them" I smirk at the pleasant memory. She  scoffs and rolls her eyes.

" That smirk tells me that you did hit the center. You better watch out when you go in the forest" She said sternly as she points the spoon at me when she Said the last part. What's in the forest?

"What do I have to watch out for? And I was fine when I slept in the forest" I say confused. I was perfectly fine when I slept.

"Dragons and elementals my dear" She says with a frightening look.

"Dragons? What about the dragon hunters or dragon riders?"

"We have many dragons around here. There's not many hunters but there's a few dragon riders around here including Alex and Mike"

"Mike?" I ask in confusion.

"Oh you didn't meet Mike yet did you?" I  shake my head.

"Mike is 24 years old. He lived here his whole life with his dragon, Vita. He found his dragon 3 years ago. He has a wife named Helen and his daughter Maya" She says calmly. I didn't ask for his life story.

"How old his is daughter?" I say, I could help but ask.

"Three years old. She's beautiful little bab. Could you start the fireplace? Helen said it was going to get cold tonight" She asks me gently, I nod.

"Of course and how does she know?" I walk towards the fireplace, I put some small logs in, that were next to the fireplace.

" Shes a powerful Witch. She tells us the weather and among other things" She says as she stared at me with no emotion, I raise my percent shaped eyebrow but nod anyways.

"Uh how to I start the fire" I say sheepishly, I didn't really do much at the kingdom, mostly the peasants did it for us.

"Figure it out on your own" She says but I feel like it has a double meaning.

"Rocks" I state, I Remember when I used to watch the peasants start the fire ,they used rocks. They would click them together until you see a red/orange spark. I breath in slowly, I can do this.

"Where can I get some?"  She points at the shelf above me. There are two small rocks laying next to each other, I grab the rocks.
I hover the rocks over the feel lace and start clicking the rocks together but I didn't realize that some of my nightgown was to close the the fire place and a spark had landed on my nighty.

Fire started to spread around my body but the weird thing it didn't hurt, it's just a warm sensation. Ingrid starts screaming but I was just frozen in place.

Why doesn't it hurt? i thought. Am I some freaky creature?

My thoughts were cut off when I felt something cold and wet land my body. I look up, Ingrid is holding now a empty bucket. I lift up my night to look where the flames were and suspected that were burns on my body and the gown but there was nothing. Nada.

What? I thought out loud.

"I know" She breaths out, somewhat calm.

She starts touching my stomach were the burns we're supposed to be in a shocked face. She put her hands over her mouth.

"How?" She whispers staring at my stomach. I drop my night gown and stood up up straighter.

"I-m not sure it didn't hurt me though" I say.

"I'll ask Helen Tomorrow morning. We should go to sleep now" I'm not sure what possessed me to this but I did.
I hug her tightly. She was surprised just like me but hugged me back tightly.

"Thank you" I whisper as I let go of her. I went up the stairwell and I hear her say.

"Your different Anna embrace it" I stop at the top and nodded. I layin my bed thinking about my life.

I ran away from the Kingdom because my parents forced me to marry a prince. My father didn't care about me Neither did my mother. I have some how did not get hurt by fire.

I let the darkness consume me and fell in a deep sleep.