Chapter three

(a/n: Every year there's five people to be picked for a dragon riders. People in kingdoms do ride dragons but the riders who are picked have powers. I just wanted to make That clear)

I leave the forest after my outburst with the guards, my father can't control everything I do. I walk in the kingdom just to get stopped by a Servant looking at me with a crazy look.

"Your father going to a ball, your invited. Please get dressed Princess Annabell" she says with her eyes wide, her blonde hair is all over the place. I look at her with my mouth hung open. I quickly get to my room, the servant following my every move.

"I have a dress for you, Sit down and let me do my magic" She says sitting me down onto my golden lace bed.  
-
"You look beautiful Princess" she says clapping her hands in satisfaction and excitement. I smile at her reaction, I walk over to a mirror that hangs on the wall. She was right, I do look beautiful. I touch my face, I never had this much cake on my face.

"Where is this Ball?" I question as I sit down on my bed. She starts humming a little tune my mother used to sing to me when I was a young bab.

"Okratia" she says, I put on my long golden dress. She tightens the bodice in the black, making me loose my breath instantly.  

"Who else is going?" I say as she does  finishing touches on my hair and face.

"Your friend April and your family" she says in a warm tone. I nod, I look back at the mirror. I look truly beautiful. I never got this pampered for a ball, it must be important.
-

After getting dressed for the ball my father had announced that we will be taking his dragon Glazra. We all headed to the barn where Glazra is kept. We have two dragons including Galzra.

The second dragon is named blue. This dragon is my mothers. My mother had blue for years but father has his dragon longer. Father opens Galzra wooden gate.

Small Umber eyes sit rooted Within the dragons horned skull which gives the dragon a terrifying appearance. Two enormous crystal growths sit atop its head just above its large , rounded ears. Small fan like skin and bone structures runs down the sides of each of its jaw lines.

It's nose is large and has two narrow , curved nostrils. Several  huge teeth poke out from the side of its mouth.

A wide neck runs down from its head and into a narrow body. The top is covered in thick skin and a row of tendrils runs down its spine.
Its bottom is covered in narrow scales and is colored darker than the rest of its body. Two powerful limbs carry its body and allow the dragon to stand dignified. Each limb has 4 digits, each of which end in long talons seemingly made of crystal.

Monstrous wings grow starting from just above its shoulders and end at the middle of its back. The wings are bat-like, bone structures are clearly visible through the thin white layer of skin and sharp hooks grow from the endings of each bone.

Its long tail ends in a sharp tip and is covered in the same thick skin as its body. Even though he looks terrifying he is a big softy in the inside.

I walk out of the barn into the blues barn. They are both enormous so we had to separate them into there own barn. I pull the hefty midnight blue door and walked in.

I saw Enormous emerald eyes sit thightly within the creature's long, narrow skull, which gives the creature a frightening looking appearance.
Several crystal growths sit atop its head, just above its large, dog-like ears. A row of small crystal growths runs down the sides of each of its jaw lines.

Its nose is small and has two large, pointy nostrils and there's a horn on its chin. Rows of large teeth poke out from the side of its mouth.

A long neck runs down from its head and into a snake-like body. The top is covered in stone-like scales and rows of crystal growths runs down its spine.

Its bottom is covered in curved scales and is colored darker than the rest of its body. Four mighty limbs carry its body and allow the dragon to stand tall and poised. Each limb has 6 digits, each of which end in huge nails seemingly made of crystal.

Freakish wings grow starting from its shoulders and end just passed its shoulder blades. The wings are almost angel-like, the inner sides of the wing are full of minor holes and jagged edges at the bottom almost give it a feathered look.Its thick tail ends in a sword-like edge and is covered in the same stone-like scales as its body.

"Hello blue " I say in a gentle voice. I start petting its midnight blue scales. It makes a sound once I scratched a spot near her ear. I stop when I hear a familiar voice call for me.

" Annabelle we are leaving come now" My father shouts from the other barn.

"Coming father" i say as I ran to the barn, I get on after April. My father was on first than my mother and after her was April then me.

We walk out of the barn and took off. Be hide us there were a couple of guards riding on there dragon to keep us safe from potential danger that could be larking in baby blue sky.

I let go of my arms around Aprils waist and raised them in the air like rose did on the titanic. I laugh hysterically. I love the way it feels when you are flying. It's thrilling and you feel like nothing matters anymore once your up in the sky.

I chuckle softly at Aprils terrified expression. "How are you alright being thousands of feet of the earth and probably tumble to your death?" She says with her eyes wide open.

"Stop being so dramatic and it just feels thrilling" she chuckles and mumbles a few words 'Werido' or 'stop trying to be rose' The ride to Okratia was about an half of hour depending on the weather But the weather seems to be on our side tonight.

Six slim , square towers surrounding the castle. They reach twice the height of the walls and are connected by reinforced , firm walls made out of dark green stone. Stylish windows are scattered generously around the walls in symmetrical patterns along with overhanging crenellations for archery.

A huge gate with hefty wooden doors , regular stone bridge and various equipment guards that inhabitants this island castle.

Trees grow close to the castle gates and provide woods for all sorts of purposes. This castle has been improved over the ages , some parts of the castle are clearly newer than others. The king and queen are determine to keep their castle as modern as Possible.

"Wow" I say dragging the 'W' April nods and agrees.

"This is the kingdom of Okratia" My father says as he lands the dragon onto the ground.