Chapter one

(a/n: Picture of Annabelle)

"Princess Annabelle please wake up"

One of my mothers servants says while shaking me. Yes I did say servant because my mother is the queen of Wrinia. Wrinia is a large, quiet kingdom with small villages scattered around our territory.

We mostly transport by wagons but mostly only the wealthy. There is destined to be five dragons riders every year. They hold elements like: Fire,Water/frost, Wind and Earth. Almost all riders are males.

To be a rider you need a dragon... well the dragon choses you. You cannot switch a dragon, its stuck with you no matter what the appearance is and how it acts. The riders elements and personality reflect on what kind of dragon you get.

"Tell mother I'll be down. Thank you" I say as I stretch my limbs, feeling exhausted.

"Your welcome m'lady" I hear light footsteps going out the door. I sigh as I get off the bed and walk to my washroom. I look at my appearance in the mirror. I have  blonde hair that almost looks white, it stops right under my breast. My white pale skin matches my almond shape green eyes but it can sometimes look gray. I have high cheekbones and full light pink lips.

I had a delightful shower and walked out in a silky white towel wrapped around my body. I was going to go to my wardrobe until I heard a knock on my door. "M'lady your father sent me to tell you that he will be gone hunting for the afternoon" The servant says in a gentle tone, making sure she doesn't scare me.

I have an idea. I smirk "Okay thank you, you can go now" I demand her.

"Your welcome m'lady" She says, I hear her light footsteps leave the room, and than the door slam shut.

I get dress in a white baggy long sleeve shirt with a leather bodice. I have on leather pants and leather riding boots. I have tan wool gloves and for the last piece I put on a gray wore out cloak. I took out my pack of arrows and my bow from under my bed and latch it onto my back.

I took a piece of parchment paper from my worktable  and wrote:

Mother I'll be in the gardens for the rest of the afternoon. if you want to find me ill be there. Don't worry about me.
Love Annabelle

After I wrote the note I left it on my work table. I walk towards my window and unlock the locks and open it. A warm breeze comes shooting out, I climb out the window and jump into a gigantic Blossom tree right outside my window. I don't think it was quite smart to put it here but I'm not complaining.

My bedroom is on the second floor of the castle. I climb off the tree and softly landed on the fresh cut grass. I look back at the castle and saw thirteen skinny, square towers are low, but set firm and strong for a great defensive line and are connected by fairly low, thick walls made of red stone. Rough windows are scattered thinly around the walls in seeminly perfect symmetry, along with holes of various sizes for archers and artillery.

A huge gate with huge metal doors, a draw bridge and hot oil pots gives a safe place to rest in this forest stronghold and it's the only easy way in.

Various large houses are scattered outside the castle gates, surprisingly the rich are comfortable with living outside the gates as well.  The woods are near our castle and I ran as fast as I can to the forest with out getting caught,

(a/n: This is my first book i hope you liked it. There might be a few errors. Please comment if it was a good first chapter)