Chapter six

(a/n: Picture of Alex)

The King  and Queen of Okratia are pleasant people. It's hard to even believe that Timias is there son.

It has been a good one and half hour until I spot April going into the gardens. I chase after her and enter the beautiful garden.

"April" I shout loudly so she can hear me from afar. She stops suddenly.

"April I been looking for you for an half an hour" she turns around. Her makeup is all smudged. She has bloodshot eyes and tears streaming down her eyes. I gasp in shock.

"April what happened?" I asked gently.
She breaks down sobbing and falls down to her knees. I went onto my knees and hugged her tightly. I felt angry that someone would hurt her. Someone that would hurt my best friend

"Timias will never love me. Nobody will ever love me" she said in between sobs.
I was in raged that he hurt her. Salty tears ran down her olive shade face, I wipe her tears and hugged her even more tight.

"What did he say? and  Your family loves you and I love you heck EVEN the whole kingdom loves you. It doesn't matter when one person doesn't love you but whole lot more people do love you" I say gently. She smiles even though tears run down her face.

"He just said I-I won't ever find love b-because the way I look. He said he will never love someone disgusting like me" she says quietly, I growl in anger. How dare he?

"Fuck him than. Let's find you a real man" she giggles at my statement and I wipe her tears. We walk back in the castle to see everyone listening to the King and Queen. We walk  quickly to our tables and sat down.

"Welcome everyone to the white and gold Ball" The King shouts through the mic. Everyone started to applaud and some whistled.  "Quite down now. This ball was for my son Timias to find his wife. Son have you found your new wife yet?"

"Yes I have actually" Timias said smirking as he got up and stood next to his father proudly.

"Very well. Who might be the lucky one?" The King questions, everyone held there breath, Mothers praying that he will pick there daughter/son.

"Annabelle. Annabelle Winters Is my new wife" Everyone started to applaud. The color drained from my face. I sat frozen in my sit. This cannot be happening. I will not be a queen. I turn my head to look at my family faces. My mother is smiling widely and my father had a guilty look plastered onto his face.

I held disbelief , betrayal and disappointed that my parents had something to do with this.

I look over to April with pleading eyes. She looked at me apologetic. She knew and he also knew how much I loathed him but he had still did it anyway. I shot up and let the chair fall down onto the polish oak wooden floor. 

"No I will not be your wife nor ever" I say confidently. Gasps surround around the room. I look back at my family with anger dancing in my eyes. My parents have a confusing look on them and April had a relief face on. Did they really think I would be queen?

When Your queen your not aloud to do anything. I won't ever be aloud to leave the castle so I won't be aloud to go hunting anymore.

"You don't mean that , now don't you honey" Mother says as she faked smiled. I can see fury in her eyes and disappointment.

"Did you really think I would be queen? You said it earlier I am not mature enough to be queen" I use her words against her.

"You are mature enough to be a queen" My father bellows, I look over at my father with tear blurring my vision. Everyone had stop talking, they watch the science unfold.

"Please father. Why do I have to get married to him?" I look over at Timias, he has a Evil grin plastered on his face.  Girls giving me glares and some were looking at me with pity.

"Not now Annabelle" My Father says with a calm expression but you can see he is angry.

"Yes now father now tell me why do I have to marry him?" I demand. Tears blurred my vision.

"Everyone please leave us for a minute and go into the gardens thank you" The King announced. After he said that everyone scrambled to the gardens leaving my family and his.

"Anna we don't Have a lot of money left in the kingdom and marrying him could provide us with more gold coins That can last us decades"  Father says with pleading eyes. I scoff at his statement, really? There's a sudden change in the air But nobody seemed to notice but me.

"You are saying that you are doing this because of money. Don't you care about your daughters happiness father" My voice cracking at the end. Salty tears run down my face.

"No not anymore" That was the last thing I heard him say as he left the ball room.