Chapter 14: Grand Ball (Part 2/2)

"Well... Locking the Wonderland children in their dorms was a success." Mal says walking over to Ben at the front of the room.

"It seems it was. It has been almost an hour since the arrival time and we haven't seen them at all. Are you happy?" Ben asks skeptically holding a glass of punch in his hand. 

"Of course. Are you? This is your ball after all... Not mine." Mal smiles taking a glass of punch as well from the table next to them.

"Very much... This has turned out to be quite a ball... Find Carlos and Jay yet?" Ben asks.

"No I haven't... Which is weird. They should be here by now..." Mal says looking up at the long, red carpeted stair cases leading to the door.

The crossed stairs led to a large double door, which people entered through and were announced one by one. Not with their date though. Ben had them do this to make it special for everyone to get noticed, if they wanted to or not.

Mal looks at the doors and sees them open. "There they are... Wait." Mal says narrowing her eyes trying to see who had just walked in.

Seven people walked through the door, each person telling their names to the two people who had been calling out names all night. In this case, Doc and Happy, since no one else wanted the job. Because they were so small, they used special potions to project their voices so the entire ball could hear them, which earlier in the night had worked so well it sounded like an explosion when they first said a word.

Doc turns towards the ball room facing everyone. "Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil!" Carlos comes walking down the stairs in a red and white suit, but having done nothing to his hair so it stuck up white haired frizz and all.

Happy spoke next, "Jay, son of Jafar!" Jay jogs down the steps in a black suit with, of course, his tourney jersey hidden underneath in case they broke out for a game or two. Just in case. As he came down the stairs, girls cheered his name.

Doc puts a hand up to silence everyone for the next guest. "Lonnie, daughter of Mulan!" Lonnie comes walking swiftly down the stairs with her dark pink and green dress flowing behind her.

"I guess Lonnie was with them too..." Mal says to Ben and he nods.

"Next..." Happy says before looking back at the last 4 people to get their names again so he won't forget. Happy turns back towards he crowd and says, "Aaron, son of Miss Alice!"

Mal feels her hands tighten into fists as Aaron comes rushing down the stairs in his white suit. They were here, and not in their dorms where Mal and Ben had thought they were.

Doc seemed bored of the naming process already, but says the next name loud and proud anyway. "Will, son of the White Rabbit!" Will rushes down the stairs as well, but tries to look cooler doing it, and manages to succeed.

"Morgan, daughter of the Mad Hatter!" Happy exclaims. Morgan walks elegantly down the stairs in her silky, light green dress. She walked slowly managing to catch eye contact with Mal. She knew they didn't want them there, so she wanted them to get a good look at them now.

As soon as Morgan makes it down the steps, Doc calls out the last name of the night. "Claire, daughter of the Cheshire Cat!" Claire comes from around the corner of the stairs and walks down without looking up at the crowd. She tried to pick up the back of her purple dress so she could walk faster, but it was no use. She made it down the stairs and the ball continued as it was. Except for now Mal was rushing over to them with Ben trying his best to keep up with her.

"Mal!" Morgan says with a mischievous smile. "We are so glad we could make it! The bathrooms were quite a tight fit for a dressing room since our dorms were locked... Hmm. Must've been some kind of error. HUH?" Morgan crosses her arms.