Chapter 3: Parenting Plan

"Mal, where do you want the streamers?" Carlos says walking up to the small wooden platform where Mal and Ben were standing trying to give out orders for the Wonderland children's grand arrival. Carlos was holding two boxes stacked on top of eachother so you could barely see his face. He peeks behind the boxes to see Mal looking at him funny, probably being a bit judgmental.

It had been two weeks since King Ben had made his royal proclamation and they already had everything planned for their arrival.

"Streamers? What colors are they?" Mal asks trying to see into the open box on top.

"Umm... Good question. When I picked them up I think they said they were green?" Carlos says reading the label on the side of the box.

"Green? Do we know if they like green...? Nevermind just put them up across the lamp posts. Have Jay help you." Mal says, seeming overwhelmed.

"Jay can't help me... Jay is helping set up the red carpet for the limo." Carlos argues, trying getting a better grip of his boxes.

"Then ask Evie!" Mal sighs.

"Evie is helping set up the candies and chocolates in the limo."

"JUST ASK SOMEONE TO HELP YOU!" Mal exclaims.

Carlos jumps, and runs away to go try to find Lonnie or Doug to help him out. Ben puts a hand on Mal's shoulder.

"Hey... It's ok. Don't get too stressed out. Everything is already perfect." He says smiling at her.

"But if none of this works..." Mal sighs not finishing her thought.

"It will be ok. Not everyone has to stay in Auradon. If they don't like it, that's their choice. But it's not your fault."

Mal nods and jumps off the platform to go help Evie who seemed to be looking for something to put into the limo before it drove off.

————

"Oh, my kitten! Isn't this just wonderful news?" The Cheshire Cat beams to her daughter. It wasn't everyday someone was invited to Auradon, and definitely not every decade either.

"MOTHER! I don't want to go... Probably some boring, dumb school like ours," The daughter of the Cheshire Cat sneers. She sits in the chair at a desk with her feet up on the table.

The Cheshire Cat had always stayed in a human form to be more interesting, and less unique than she already is. So, her daughter had stayed this way as well. Her daughter had long, messily side braided black hair with multicolored pink and purple streaks that matched almost perfectly with her dark pink eyes. She, like every teenager on the sky island, wore tattered clothes. Her's a tad more extreme with her pink leather jacket and boots.

"Darling..." The Cheshire Cat growls to her daughter, clenching her teeth.

"You are going to go to Auradon whether you like it or not. The Queen of Hearts would have never allowed this if it was us ascending to Auradon!" The Cheshire Cat gestures with her hand to the other adults in the room. The White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter, and Miss Alice.

"Because we, of course, are her ultimate subjects for being here for so long!" The White Rabbit explains to his son as well.

His son looked much like him, but acted more like the Hare's son than the Rabbit's. His father was clean cut and perfect, while he was edgy and had rips and tears and holes in every part of clothing he had. His jacket was loosely fitted to him and often hung off of his shoulders like a shall.

"Not every generation gets a chance like you, my dear girl! Live it out with a cup of tea and jam or jelly! For nothing could be sweeter!" The Mad Hatter says to his daughter as he dances around the room, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Squeezing... Me... Dad!" She manages to squeak out as her father finally lets go. Her dark brown hair was strung up into a messy high bun with a light green bow tied into it instead of a top hat like her father's. Her light green eyes matched her clothes, with the purple and very light green mixed together in a crazy, messy bunch. Almost as messy as her father's tea time suit.

"My dear old friends! Let us not forget this is for the children, for them to learn and experience from. Not to steal their experiences for our own. They are merely our reflections shining a brighter light than we once did..." Alice announces like a true speaker.

Then she bends over her blue eyed son and whispers in his ear, "Tell me how the food has changed when you get back. I hear the sweets are even sweeter than they ever have been!" She smiles, trying to fix his hair as she sits on the couch with her legs politely crossed. Her son was the spitting image of Alice—blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect suit and tie—the whole package. When it came to speeches though, he couldn't quite muster his mother's talent.

The Cheshire Cat's daughter rolls her eyes as she stands by her three friends. "This is so unfair... What do we even get when we get back? Reputation? Cause I think I already have all of that."

"Oh yes, kitten! You are quite popular... But what we get is our freedom from the Queen of Hearts! I want you to gather Maleficent's spell book so we can rid of the Queen!" The Cheshire Cat explains, cackling at the thought of it.

"But Maleficent is on the Isle of the Lost..." Alice's son notes, skeptical.

"But her daughter betrayed her and is now in Auradon! Get it and we will all be free! Maybe we can even send the Queen to the Isle!" The White Rabbit says, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently.

The parents all start laughing, not quite evil laughs, but crazy lunatic laughs. A loud car horn sounds from outside the Cheshire Cat's tree house hidden deep within the Neverwoods.

This is where their journey will finally begin.