Chapter 6: Magic Mushrooms

"WILL?! Where is your Dad's old spell book?" Claire yells at Will, waking him up after he fell asleep at his desk.

Will groggily picked his head up, rubbing his eyes with his fists. He blinked a few times then glanced at Claire with drooping lids.

They had been up all night in the boys' dorm trying to figure out a way to get the spell book without anyone noticing. Let alone get into Mal's dorm room.

"My Dad's spell book? Don't have it. Ask Aaron if he has the potions or something..." Will says sleepily.

The White Rabbit's spell book was practically useless anyway. The only spells his dad ever used were spells to get places on time. Something Will should be using... but never does.

"Aaron? Did you bring any mushrooms? Or any of the potions? WAS ANYONE PREPARED?!" Claire shouts, slamming her fist against the wall fully waking Will, Morgan, and Aaron.

"I have the mushrooms just chill out." Aaron walks over to his bag on the bed. He opens it up and takes out two mushrooms in separate glass jars.

"Purple is grow. Blue is shrink. You know the stuff," He says as he hands them to Claire.

"Okay," Claire takes a deep breath. "If I make a powder out of these. I could use it to shrink the book to steal it easily and then make it big again when we get back here!" Claire stuffs the mushrooms into her bag. Aaron flinches watching her, afraid she might break the containers.

"And how are you going to get into Mal's room?" Morgan asks, concerned.

Claire rolls her eyes. "It's like you somehow forget I am the daughter of the Cheshire Cat!" She smirks and she slowly disappears from her feet to her head, leaving nothing behind but a moony smile that disappears a second later. They then hear a knocking at the door.

Morgan runs to open it, and standing there is Claire.

"Oh that's right! You can turn invisible and go in and out of places! Looks like the cookie crumbles in our favor!" Morgan giggles as she shuts the door once Claire walks in.

"Our plan is nearly done!" Claire says with a smirk. "I get in, I get out, we go home."

————

"But that little brat! What's her name...? Claire! She is so rude—I like her." Mal says as she crosses her arms, smirking.

"M... You have to calm down. Claire isn't a villain's daughter, remember?" Evie says sitting on her bed watching Mal pace across the room.

Evie could tell that Mal almost expected the new Wonderland kid to be evil. Mal needed someone to match her villainous tendencies but not be so competitive as to challenge her authority. Evie doubted Claire would be Mal's match.

"Maybe not much of a hero's daughter either..." Ben says walking into the room. The door was cracked open so he let himself in.

"And where have you been?" Mal asks skeptically.

"Well, I ran into Claire and Morgan on my way over and they didn't lock their doors. Maybe they don't lock doors in Wonderland, I'm not quite sure. But I peaked in and found a bunch of things that didn't belong to them... Like my watch." Ben holds up his golden watch. "So I took some things back but left other things so it wouldn't be too obvious."

He tosses Evie her favorite lip gloss and Doug's marching band hat. "Hey! Where did she get this?!" Evie stares at the tall hat.

"Probably stole it from Doug..."

"Wait what did you mean by not much of a hero kid either? What's that suppose to mean?" Mal raises an eyebrow at Ben.

"Oh well you see... There is really only one villain and one hero in Wonderland. The villain is, of course, the Queen of Hearts. Then the hero is said to be Alice, but after being trapped there it seems to be that she is just one of the others now." Ben lists.

"One of the others? I don't get it..." Evie mumbles, trying to think of the logic behind his speech.

"Yes... The people of Wonderland were never heroes nor villains. They were just... in the middle... Half and half. Instead of any of those names, they liked to call themselves the Doers. But to us, we see them as just plain crazy. It's been this way since before Wonderland was raised into the sky." Ben finishes his explanation.

"You sure did a lot of research on this didn't you?" Mal asks smirking.

"Oh yeah definitely. But what I just found out from Claire and Morgan... Their time system sounds funny. I said 10 pm and they said 01 mp. I wonder if the language there is whack too?" Ben says.

"Figure it out in the morning!" Mal laughs.

"It is morning!" Ben looks at his watch, laughing.

Ben and Claire both had their work cut out for them the next week. Ben had a whole lot of researching while still having to go to school. Then Claire needed to steal a spell book while she is suppose to be in class.

How's that supposed work?