IX

Ain't it fun living in the real world. Ain't it good being all alone? Where you from , you might be the one running things.. " I belted out while cleaning and packing the apartment.

"Mommmmm" Kaville yelled out

"Yes Papi?"

"Please be quiet , you can't sing" he said poking his head out his bedroom door. Without even waiting on a response he tucked his head back in! "I agree with Kaville baby singing ain't for you." Jelani said scaring the shit out of me. "I thought you were asleep." I told him with the shocking look still on my face. "Work never stops!" He said, giving me a kiss and dapping Kaville up goodbye.             Hearing the door lock, I looked back at the boys. I was partially offended and a little humored. I began singing even louder... "Don't go crying to your mama. Don't go crying to your mama. Cause your on your own in the real world." I laughed once I heard him huff of annoyance.

Kavelle came out with two boxes. Carrying them to the living room. "Mom you need help?" He asked. Such a sweetheart.

"No baby I'm good, you hungry?" I asked not looking up from the box I was midway finished packing. He didn't say anything, which caused me to look up. His head was down and he was holding the picture I just placed on the island.

"Awe baby what's wrong , come here."

I said motherly holding my arms out. He ran into my arms, his head in my armpit. I didn't hear him but I could definitely feel him sobbing.

"I miss daddy. I feel like I don't even know him mom. How can my dad be such a stranger?"

I didn't answer his question I just hugged him and backed myself up to the wall still holding him. I rubbed his back and kissed the top of his head! His breathing slowed down a little bit, just as I thought it would be okay ; Kaville came out his room. Tears in his eyes also.

"Come here baby" I said pulling one arm out to greet him. I slide down the wall with my big boys still in my arms. This moment happens once every 7 weeks. It's weird! I guess that's what their dad meant when he said that.

I walked them to my room and cuddled my boys as they laid in my bed. Not even 20 minutes later they were put for the count. With that I took the opportunity to leave the room and call Jelani.

Jelani

<>

"Hello? Hey queen..." I answered smiling to myself but still watching the torture of a stealing ass nigga in front of me.

"Hey baby. How's work?"

"What's wrong? I can hear it in your voice." I informed her turning my chair away from the action.

"I think it's time I take the boys to see their dad." She said voice croaking.

"I thought you wanted to wait till they were a little older baby."

"They broke down, hard this time."

"Okay baby girl .. If you think it's time I'm rocking with you! But baby I gotta call you right back."

"Let me guess your favorite part is coming up?" She said giggling.

"Yes ma'am, I love you gorgeous."

"Love you too daddy. Just come home as soon as possible."

With that we hung up & I opened the door to the room of business. I watched silently through the double sided mirror. Entering through the door , Odessa seemed shocked.