VII

Kolana'

"How long I got you?" Jelani asked eating the mango out of his fruit, whipped lemonade.

"Till I tell you I'm leaving."

He stared at me, I could tell he was partially annoyed. He didn't show it though!

"Smart ass mouth, come on girl." He waved me on while he placed the money and a fifty dollar tip down.

I walked out the door, he grabbed my hand, leading me to his car. This moment was too perfect. The sun shining on his brown skin while he turned and grinned at me. Surprisingly, he opened my door for me. Right before he could shut my door, I turned facing him.

"Ugh, My car?" I moaned out. 

He nodded and told me to hold up. He ran back inside the business. Less than a minute later, he jogged back out towards my door.

"Your good, they won't tow your shit babygirl." With that he shut the door, and jogged around getting in the drivers seat! Not even ten minutes in the car, I started to drift off to sleep. I've been so busy that I failed to realize how tired my body truly was.

I awoke to Jelani awkwardly smiling at me. I urgently sat up, closed my mouth and wiped the small amount of drool off of my lip.. He began laughing! I turned my head and glared at him while patting myself down trying to pull myself together.

He was cracking up. "How you sleep ma?" He asked apparently being a smart ass.

"You know the answer." Not looking at him.

"I can tell, all you keep saying is Khyrell baby please, please. I guess it was better than great."He said trying to mimic my voice. I looked at him, sadly he reminded me of my dream. I was there before he got in the car! I just cried and begged him not to get in the car and all he kept saying to me was that he was gonna go one way or the other. Drifting back to reality, I managed to lightly smile at Jelani!

"I'm sorry, sore subject?" He placed his hand on mine. I didn't respond with words, just nodding my head to his question.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Not yet, so where are we?" I asked looking around at my wooded surroundings.

"My peace spot." With that he got out the car. I followed suit and opened my door. He walked around his car, grabbing my hand and placing his other hand at the small of my back. I smiled on the inside, it felt good to be touched there.

Ten minutes into the walk, we were at our destination. I guess. . .

I smiled, "you like this kind of shit?"

"Hell yea, you don't?" He said pointing to the landfill down the hill!

"Uhm, I love scenery but this isn't what I'm talking about." Pointing to the garbage bags! We laughed, hard!

"Look if you think about it, everything leads back here." he said wrapping his arms around my waistline. Putting his chin in my neckline!

"And how is that?" I said crossing my arms and turning my face to be directly in his!

"Think about it food, dead animals, clothing and everything personal about you will eventually lead here. Once your dead and buried , most of your shit will be here." he said, confidently.

"Uhm okay baby, I guess". I said turning around!

"Oh, baby? I'm baby?" He giggled.