Chapter 1

Anabell's P.O.V.

One day while walking to class with Amber, I started to feel light-headed. I tried to tell Amber, but she just brushed me off.

"It's all the homework you stayed up doing last night, Anabell," Amber said.

I replied, "Yeah, I guess."

All through my first class, I could not focus. Half of the time my vision would go blurry and then make me dizzy. I didn't know what to do. If I told Amber again, I could expect the same answer. If I called home I would get Farter, who would make some lame excuse to leave me at school. Finally, I decided to just stay put. After all, what choice did I have. Amber was probably right. What else could it be?

On our way to second class Amber and I stopped by our lockers. Since Amber's last name also started with a P, our lockers were right next to each other. This was great because for the last two years we could time our schedules to meet up at the lockers. We were prepared to do it again this year, but to our surprise, found that we had the exact same schedule except last class. We grabbed our gym clothes and headed off to the gymnasium.

I asked, "Do you know what we could be playing in gym today?"

"I heard we get to play volleyball. Do you remember the last time we played that," Amber said smiling.

I did remember... I was in the front row, middle position. Daniel and his team was playing against me. Daniel was also standing front and center. When the time came, he jumped, spiking the ball right at my face. It hit me in the left eye and gave me a black eye for two weeks. Daniel "apologized" but I knew he meant to do what he did.

"Ugg! Don't remind me," I said sadly.

---------------------------------------------

When we got to gym we quickly changed. We had started to jog laps when Amber got called over by Mr. Mitchel. Since I could not go over there too, I was forced to finish my laps without my bestie. Halfway through, Daniel came over.

"How is Miss Ugly? Or is it Duckface? I seem to have forgotten," he said.

I replied angrily, "Shut-up, Daniel! No one cares what you say."

He retorted,"Obviously you do. Or you wouldn't be yelling at me."

"Daniel, you have no life. You just HAVE to pick on me don't you. You're just a--" I said.

"I am a what," Daniel said smiling.

But I couldn't reply. My dizziness had returned andI was started to wobble. And then all I saw was spots. I collapsed.

Daniel's P.O.V.

I rushed to catch Anabell before she fell on the hard gym floor.

"Anabell...Anabell..." I said confused and worried.

I laid her on the ground and rushed to get Mr. Mitchel.

I screamed,"Mr. Mitchel! Mr. Mitchel! Anabell... she... she passed out and she won't wake up!"

Mr. Mitchel, Amber, and I all raced over to Anabell. We couldn't seem to wake her. Mr. Mitchel told me to get the principal while he called the ambulance. By this time, everyone crowded around to see what was going on. When the ambulance came, they loaded Anabell on the gurney and rushed off to the hospital. The minute Mr. Mitchel was out of earshot Amber turned on me.

"What the hell did you do to Anabell," Amber said, furry all through her body.

I replied with worry in my voice, "Nothing! I promise. If I hadn't caught her, she would have woken up with a broken nose."

"How can I believe you after all the stuff she said about you? She is my best friend and I'm really worried. You were there when it happened which makes me believe even more that it was you," said Amber very nastily.

I screamed," I AM AS WORRIED AS YOU!"

Thinking, Amber replied,"Wait, why are you worried? Unless, I know!" Realization hit Amber, "You like Anabell!!!!!!"

I was completely out of words.