Spiritual Networking - Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

MilliVanilli:

i understand

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

?? understand what??

MilliVanilli:

that u don’t want to c me again

u changed ur mind

HeDied4Me-ILive4Him:

NO!!

just need to change plans

MilliVanilli:

oh?

About that time, Millie’s Skype rang.

“Hey,” Paul looked tired and worn, “don’t ever say that!”

“I’m sorry. When you said that, it was the first thing that popped into my head.”

“I really had a great day.”

“You look exhausted,” Millie noticed the tired look in Paul’s eye and the way he was slumped down in his chair.

“I am. I went to my parents after I dropped you off. Mom wanted me to help her get some stuff out of the attic. Well, next thing you know I’m there for four hours moving furniture and bringing things down. And let me just tell you, mountain climbing is a lot easier than moving furniture for my mother. I think I moved the same chair to ten different spots and then it ended up six inches from where it began.”

“Poor baby!” Millie said with a smile.

“Seriously, I love my mom, but today she drove me nuts. Which is why I need to talk to you. She wants us to come over on Saturday for dinner.”

Millie swallowed hard, “US? You told her about me?”

“Mil, she has known about you for awhile now. And I told her we met in person today while I was there. I did not commit to coming over, I told her I needed to check with you.” Paul looked down at his hands and then back up to the screen, “I wasn’t sure how you would feel. I thought it might be a good first step, being out with other people, but in a friendly secure environment.”

“Friendly? It’s your parents. No matter what they say, I won’t be good enough for you.” Panic was written all over Millie’s face, Paul would have laughed if he didn’t know she was really scared.

“Why do you say that?”

“Well first of all, someone with the baggage and issues I have has the cards stacked against them to begin with. But also, the biggie, no girl is ever good enough for a Mama’s baby.”

At that, Paul began to laugh.

“Stop laughing at me. I am serious!”

“I know you are, but it’s so cute. Mil, my family is great. AS LONG as you are not moving furniture for them! My parents will adore you. And as for baggage, we all have something to deal with. So, don’t worry. Which is why my mom wants us over. Some big family thing. My sister and her family will be there. And trust me. My mother is so happy that I am dating a girl and not a computer image, she is tickled pink.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. My family is harmless. Now the goats, you need to be weary of. But, I’ll protect you!”

“Goats? Paul, stop pulling my leg.”

“What a lovely leg to pull. But seriously, my parents live on a working farm. So, real goats and chickens.”