Chapter 2: I Get my Fortune told by a Hobo

Start from the beginning

“So I heard you’re taking Sandy out tomorrow.”

I nod looking at her from the corner of my eye. “Yeah I’m taking her to this expensive restaurant called Je t'aime.”

Her eyes widen. “Oh that sounds fancy!” What do they cook there?” She asks.

I shrug my shoulders. “I don’t know, it sounded French so I can only assume something good?”

“Really Jayden? That’s kind of sad.” She says laughing. “Are you going to get her anything?” Why do I feel she was told to ask this question.

“Yes I am. I plan to buy it while we’re out today. Why do you ask?”

She looks at me with fake innocence. “No reason.”

 “Don’t tell her anything.”  I say looking at her.

She pouts. “You’re no fun.”

wwwwww

We spent the next half hour talking about random things. School, teachers, our friends, and other things. I wasn’t fully into the conversation though. I was too busy thinking about what to get Sandy. This would be our third year anniversary. The only problem is Sandy never really was one for telling people what she likes. Sure she’ll say something is cute once in a while, but never really tells me what she’s into. Well besides me of course. I assume all girls love jewelry, so that’s what I’m shooting for at this point. What was that old saying again? Ah right: ‘Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.’ Well I sure as hell didn’t have money for any diamonds, so a bracelet will have to do. Scooping ice-cream for a job, can only pay for so much. I’m using all my salary from these last 9 months to pay for that dinner. Not that I got paid that much anyway.

I pull into the parking lot not too far from a car that I recognized as Daniel’s. We get out and I see Sandy sitting on the trunk of his car. She sees me and smiles. I walk up to her and pull her into a hug. She giggles as I kiss her on her forehead. Daniel steps out of his car and bumps fists with me. “Hey bro, it’s about time you got he-“ He stops and I see a blush creep up on his face.

            I look over and see Danielle step out of the car before blushing as well meeting eye contact with Daniel. He walks over to her awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. “H-Hey Danielle. You l-look nice.” He says avoiding eye contact.

            She turns the color of a tomato, suddenly finding an interest in her shoes. “O-oh thank you Daniel.” She says twirling her hair around her finger.

I roll my eyes and turn back to Sandy. “They’re at it again.” I say holding her hand.

            She laughs and looks up at me. “Why do you think I wanted her to come?”

I move closer kissing her. “Oh I don’t know. Maybe to squeeze out some information from me.” I whisper in her ear.

            “Oops?” She says giving me an innocent look.

I laugh turning back over to the lovebirds to my right. Still flirting like no tomorrow as usual. “Yo Romeo, and Juliet. You wanna speed things up?”

They both glare daggers at me. I hold up my hands in defense. “So where were you planning on going?” I say glancing over to Sandy.

She shrugs. “I was just planning on browsing around.”

“Sounds good.” I turn over my shoulder. “Come on guys we’re leaving.” 

Downtown is a really busy place. There’s always something going on, but it was more of a farmers market then anything. Mainly because around all the buildings and businesses, there were stands lined up like a bazar. You could go to one stand and turn around and be at another selling something completely different. Basically it was the mall for people with low budgets, A.K.A my kind of place.