"Not at all! I just don't feel motivated anymore. I don't want the scholarship because I'm not going to be going to college anyway. I hope you, Noah and the team will understand my decision. I'm really thankful for everything you and Noah have done for me, thank you so much," I say softly, starting to get teary eyed.

"Is there nothing I can do to change your mind? I'm going to miss you so much, we all will. I've known you years, Zavy, it's going to be so different and not the same without you. I see you as a younger sister," she sobs, crying also. She hugs me tightly and I apologise again. "It's okay, sweetie, if you don't want this anymore, I won't force you. Just know that if you ever want to come back, you're always welcome. Please drop in a few times though; I still want to know how you're doing because I'm worried about you."

"I'm so sorry, Arianna, please forgive me, I'm really sorry," I weep, running off because I feel so bad for doing this. She calls after me but I keep running. Swimming was my life and Hayden has yet again taken it away from me. I dry my eyes and take a deep breath before leaving. I walk to my car because Hayden never brought us today. I bet he was bringing that slut with him because he fucked her last night and that's why he didn't bring us. Hayden is leaning against his car not far away with the girl and comes over to me. They hold hands on the walk over to me. That should be me right now.

"Xaviera, how come you're not swimming today?" Hayden asks with curiosity.

"Just not," I mumble in reply.

"Did Lane do something?" Hayden wonders, looking a bit angry.

"No," I answer.

"Are you feeling sick?" he worries, glancing at my belly.

"No, like you'd even care," I mutter, opening my car door.

"I do care; why else would I come over? Now tell me, why aren't you swimming?"

"I've given up," I grumble, getting extremely pissed off. It's all because of him! This is his fault! If he doesn't leave, I'm going to explode.

"Did you have to?" He glances back down to my belly and I'm going to kill him if the girl figures out why he keeps looking at it.

"Yes," I respond, getting in the car and turning it on.

"Whoa, what's with the hurry? Am I boring you that much? I didn't think I ever bored you, you always seem to enjoy my company," he smirks and I try to hide my fury.

"Baby, come on, let's leave," the girl whines.

"Give me a minute, babe," he says. She kisses him to sway his mind and he tries to hold back but ends up kissing back. Seconds later, they're in a make out session and I lose it. I drive out the car park and straight home. Does nothing we did mean a thing to him? I gave myself to him and he goes kissing another girl in my face! I shouldn't have given up Lane for him; Hayden will never be a gentleman like Lane. By the end of the journey, I'm covered in my own tears. He doesn't even care about me. Why did I sleep with him again, when I knew he'd hurt me? I go to my bedroom and cry myself to sleep. I'm rudely awoken by my sister about an hour and a half later.

"What the fuck do you mean you're giving up swimming?!" she yells.

"Calm the fuck down, I'm still trying to wake up. I just don't want to do it anymore, it's not a passion anymore," I lie.

"Not a passion?! You're obsessed with swimming, Zavy! It's your favourite hobby!" she notes.

"I'm sorry, Ofelia, it just bores me now. It's okay though, it won't be much different without me."

"Zavy, you were the star of the team, of course it's going to be different. What is going on with you? I gave you almost a week to tell me what's wrong and now you're quitting swimming? Are you depressed or something? Tell me, Zavy, so I can help you! Are you cutting? Is that why you're not swimming, so no one will see?" She pulls my sleeves up and sighs with relief when she sees nothing. "Get undressed; I want to make sure there's none in other areas."